Advice needed for lambskin scratch

Shanneo

Jul 27, 2017
Hi , I found 2 relatively deep scratches at the base of my mini Lambskin I applied some leather conditioner but they couldn’t be removed . I guess it’s permanent ?
Any one has any home fix remedy for me ?

I only used it 3x since I bought it brand new .

A4520A74-1406-479B-B3BF-D1D9CCF7EE67.jpeg

In my experience, scratches on the base of lambskin bags where the quilting is flat, and doesn’t have air in it, cannot be removed. I have had lambskin flaps (not minis) and the scratches on the base were permanent, whereas scratches on the puffier quilts on the rest of the bag sort of blended in over time.

Oh I see thank you so much

Reactions: honeybunch
Hi , I found 2 relatively deep scratches at the base of my mini Lambskin I applied some leather conditioner but they couldn’t be removed . I guess it’s permanent ?
Any one has any home fix remedy for me ?

I only used it 3x since I bought it brand new .

View attachment 4894653
I actually scratched my bag like that once by the cc logo. I used the handbag clinic pure hydrate! (hellocatwalkcity has a video on it on youtube -- please watch her whole video though because you can't use too much of this product or you'll lose the shine on your bag) literally maybe a 1/4 of a spray will go a longggggg way (also do not use that product on your whole bag or it'll get sticky, only use it for spot treatments and remember to use as little as possible!!!!), just dab off the excess and use a felt to rub. or use the oils on your finger to rub! hope this helps because i got rid of my scratch! and if your shine is gone on the bag after using it, the technique was to use a hair drier for the shine to come back! (becareful of course!)

Reactions: Shanneo
I actually scratched my bag like that once by the cc logo. I used the handbag clinic pure hydrate! (hellocatwalkcity has a video on it on youtube -- please watch her whole video though because you can't use too much of this product or you'll lose the shine on your bag) literally maybe a 1/4 of a spray will go a longggggg way (also do not use that product on your whole bag or it'll get sticky, only use it for spot treatments and remember to use as little as possible!!!!), just dab off the excess and use a felt to rub. or use the oils on your finger to rub! hope this helps because i got rid of my scratch! and if your shine is gone on the bag after using it, the technique was to use a hair drier for the shine to come back! (becareful of course!)

Ok I will check it out thanks dear !

I have successfully used shoe polish. The wax shoe polish on lambskin scratches. It's easy for black and won't harm the bag. You just take a shoe cloth the really soft yellow ones like kiwi makes and wrap it around one finger tightly. Dip in water to make it damp. Then take a tiny bit of polish on the tip and work it into the scratch on circular motions and keep doing that with LIGHT pressure until the scratch is filled. Lightly buff the remainder off with the cloth. Use only a tiny bit and focus only on the scratched area. As I said black is easy to do but I'd be cautious of other colors because of matching. You could try clear wax polish if it's available. The intention is for the wax to fill in the scratch and it won't be noticeable anymore because it will now be level with the rest. I'm not instructing to do it. It's on your own caution. But I have done it on black and it's worked.

Reactions: Penelopepursula