advice needed - ebay disaster!

HorseShoe

Nov 24, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I'm still fairly new here, but I thought you may be able to help me out, since I know many of you are experienced ebayers...

I sold a pair of red glittery (greasepaint) Privatitas last week. The buyer wanted an insole measurement, which I provided, along with my sizing recommendation. My auctions all clearly state that I accept returns if the item is not as described.

I received an email yesterday from the buyer saying she couldn't walk in them and she'd like to return them. She had already left positive feedback for me saying that the item description was perfect, fast shipping etc. I very politely explained that my policy is to accept returns if I have misrepresented the item, which I did not, reason being that I will take a loss on shipping costs and the Ebay final value fee. I suggested that she could relist them and maybe even make some money (she got them for a really good price), or if she had any suggestions on something that would work for both of us, I'd be happy to work with her.

She replied that she'd have her son relist the shoes. Late last night, I received another email from her with a photo of red/black embroidered VPs (i think the style name is passamentiere?) attached, saying that she thought those were the shoes she was bidding on. She wanted to know if she could swap the Privatitas for them, since i must have mixed them up. (Please note that in her first email after receiving the shoes, she said nothing about receiving the wrong pair). I explained that I have never owned, let alone listed, the red/black pair. I also expressed my confusion, since she indicated (via feedback) that the item description was perfect.

She just wrote me back this morning saying that she had never opened the box before leaving feedback, and she just did that because I was "being so nice." She explained that she had a purse, outfit, etc to match the passamentieres and she would have liked to exchange, if I had that pair.

Clearly, there's something fishy going on... and I'm worried that the seller will make up more stories and even get me in trouble with ebay if I don't do what she wants. I have perfect feedback, so I'd really hate to ruin that... do you ladies have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Good lord, people can be crazy!

Keep all of her emails. Since she first said she couldn't walk in them, she clearly knew what shoes she had.

I would just let her know very kindly, that you are not a store and do not have stock of different styles, etc. Your auction was very clear about what you were selling and that there was a no-return policy. If she tries anything with Paypal etc, I can't imagine she will win, since you have her previous communications. Have you left feedback for her yet?

Can you post a link to the auction?

Oh my goodness!! Some people!! All it is that she overspent and is now wanting her money back.

I say stop communicating with her. The transaction has happened already. I think that once positive feedback is left the shoes now belong to her!!

Good luck and keep us posting.

Do make sure you keep her emails. Although, I don't think there is much she can do.

Agree with jet. This isn't your fault sounds like she wants you to take them back which u shouldn't have to do imo.

And you don't need to worry she will leave u a neg since she already left feedback

Yes...do what Jetsetgo said. And get all your money transfered to your bank account. Paypal can not touch it legally once it is out of their hands.

This exact scenario is my worst ebay nightmare. My best advice is to be as kind (but firm) as possible. She could pull one thing on you so beware... "I'm sending them back" If she says that email her back and tell her that if she does she's wasteing her money because you won't accept tham and both ebay/paypal will stand behind you because you've checked.

Oh! Smart one, Halie! I didn't know that!!!

Horseshoe Your auction is very clear. This woman is being ridiculous.

Hi Ladies,

... She replied that she'd have her son relist the shoes. Late last night, I received another email from her with a photo of red/black embroidered VPs (i think the style name is passamentiere?) attached, saying that she thought those were the shoes she was bidding on. She wanted to know if she could swap the Privatitas for them, since i must have mixed them up. (Please note that in her first email after receiving the shoes, she said nothing about receiving the wrong pair). I explained that I have never owned, let alone listed, the red/black pair. I also expressed my confusion, since she indicated (via feedback) that the item description was perfect...

maybe she is the one who is confused??? i just took a look at the listing and it's not like it was ever revised or anything... so how can she claim she thought they were something else? i don't think ignorance is a valid excuse.

and since i can't really think of anything nice to say (sorry, but these situations get me heated-- not in a good way!) i'll have to agree with Jet

Thanks ladies! I wasn't sure who else to turn to, but you gals know your stuff!

Yes, she was watching the original auction but didn't bid before it expired, so she asked me to relist, which I did immediately, per her request....

I'll transfer funds from PayPal right now!

oh really? am I breaking a TPF rule without knowing it? :-/

If so... I apologize!

I guess those were all my questions... I just wanted to know if there was anything I did wrong, and if there are any actions she can take against me. Thanks for everybody's responses!

You did nothing wrong....just ran into a crazy. Be sure to Black list her in your myebay so you never have to deal with her again.

Yeah you don't want Paypal freezing your account funds.....if you sell anything else within the time period she has....transfer it asap. If she does file they can freeze you.

The buyer has already left feedback!!!!! That is one of the reasons that eBay put that in place and paypal uses it also.

OP, I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Note: I am speaking from experience, not just guessing!