Advice needed - Can scratches come out of pebbled leather?

Jenn222

Pandora & Lush
O.G.
Feb 9, 2009
hey ladies my cute new bag came with lots of scratches that seem pretty stuck. anyone had any luck getting scratches out of this type of leather? thanks!!!

the pics dont really capture how bad the scratches are LOL dont get me wrong i love the bag but these are buggin me =o)

PB010278.jpg

PB010277.jpg

PB010275.jpg

PB010274.jpg

Couldn't you use the apple conditioner? I don't think it will take the pebbled texture out of the leather, but I don't know that for sure. DON'T DO IT YET until other tPFers have weighed in on the subject.

thanks shelli, i meant to say i DID already apple it (i have apple conditioned pebbled leather before and it was fine, even though i have heard not to) and it made the bag look nice and soft but didn't help at all with the marks =o)

HI,
I was going to recommend the Coach or Apple conditioner as well!! Otherwise, maybe try just rubbing with your hands!! I know I have read on some of the Coach insert cards, that they say to rub the scratch with your fingers as the natural oils from your hands should smooth out the scratch!
Good luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I have a wallet of the same leather and color as your bag (chelsea leather multi-function wallet in mineral.) Rub it with your fingers and let the natural oils in your skin work into the leather. This isn't fool-proof or a 100% fix, but it helps them fade. Most of those look like scuffs rather than scratches and should rub mostly out. HTH!

Oh, I've used Apple leather care on pebbled leather and it seems fine, but honestly I don't think it needed to be conditioned in the first place :huh: Pebbled leather is pretty spiffy :smile:

oh! i thought pebbled leather never scratches.. hmmm..
hope the tips ^^ works.. let us know ok..
btw, what is a Q-tip? sorry, i'm blurr.. help..please.. hehe

I would try all of the above but I have alot of leather bags with a tendacy for scratches and I just leave them as charter. I do Apple Condtion them but that is it, I do not worry about it..

oh! i thought pebbled leather never scratches.. hmmm..
hope the tips ^^ works.. let us know ok..
btw, what is a Q-tip? sorry, i'm blurr.. help..please.. hehe

They're those little cotton swabs used for cleaning ears:smile: Q-Tip is a particular brand name of cotton swabs.

I just got my Cheslea Abbey and she was really scratched. Leather CPR and a leather conditioner my husband had for his corvette seats worked pretty well. Also, rub your finger on the side of your nose (where you'll find some oil) and then rub it into the scratch. Sounds gross but works. Skiiers use this trick when their lips get chapped on
the slopes. ;)

That is vintage leather and is supposed to scratch. It enhances it's appearance. I would call Coach ot check their website to see what to use on it. I don't think they recommend anything on the mineral chelseas.