Advice needed, calling K25 & K28 owners!

Offered RC K25 GHW sellier

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 5, 2008
Since I entered the H world five years ago, I have been waiting for this perfect combo to arrive at my local store: a Rouge Casaque Kelly sellier with GHW.
And as I waited and waited, over the years I have added B30, B35, J28, Evie PM and Pico 18 into my collections. Last week, as I went in to see my lovely SA to pick up UTW moussie, she surprised me with THE ONE I have been waiting for: RC sellier with GHW but K25. I tried it on immediately and was IN LOVE!! I thought it looked chic and classy on me. My SA thinks it looks a bit on the small side on me (I'm 5'6, US 8) and told me that there's another K28 on order with same specs but don't know when it will arrive... So I told her I will come back this coming Tuesday with DH and see what he thinks when he sees K25 on me...
I normally carry a long silk in wallet, my cell phone and a car fob in my purse so I think K25 should be a good size for daytime and date night as long as it fit my wallet... Plus I looked up the measurement of K28 and J28, they are very similar in size
(28 x 23.5 x 12.5 cm for J28 and
28 x 22 x 10 cm for K28)...

Should I just get K25 and enjoy it or wait for K28 (ETA is unknown)... And can any K25 owner let me know if long silk in wallet can fit into K25? :smile:
Any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Last edited:
Sellier isn't common (neither is RC lately) and this is a pretty specific request in terms of color, HW, etc. If you are happy with the size then take it. You can always get a different K28 later.
Thank you! That's what DH said as well :yes:

If you can't have both, I would advise to wait for the 28 :yes:
Thank you! I forgot to mention that she's gonna show me a K28 in a different color to compare size difference... But K25 is sooooo cute!

Last edited:
IMO 25 looks best in sellier so I would just go for it. When the small bag trend starts to go away H will be making fewer 25s.

I never thought of this! So K28 is more accessible than K25...

Omg get it!!!!!!!
Lol, it is on hold for me until Tuesday... But apparently there's a HUGE waitlist for both RC K25 and RC K28 according to my SA so yeah, gotta decide by then!

I never thought of this! So K28 is more accessible than K25...

Lol, it is on hold for me until Tuesday... But apparently there's a HUGE waitlist for both RC K25 and RC K28 according to my SA so yeah, gotta decide by then!
Rouge casaque is so stunning...i had a b35 a few years ago but let it go because it was extremely heavy....i would jump on a k28 OR k25!!!!! I am looking to add a red bag this year...and RC is one of my fave reds!

Reactions: grapegravity
Rouge casaque is so stunning...i had a b35 a few years ago but let it go because it was extremely heavy....i would jump on a k28 OR k25!!!!! I am looking to add a red bag this year...and RC is one of my fave reds!

RC is sooooo stunning in person, especially with epsom leather! It appears brighter in epsom compare to clemence. Hope you can add an RC K into your collection soon!

I have the exact bag, K25 sellier, RC GHW. Am not home but when I do get home I will check if the silk in fits and let you know.

THANK YOU!! This is the deal breaker for me to get K25 or not. :smile: And if you dont mind me asking, how do you like your K25?

I would say wait for what you really want, I have a K25 Retourne and I think Sellier would be too small capacity for me. I don't carry a full length wallet, just compact, a few Calvi and soft eyeglass case/key case. You can see photos on the Kelly 25 thread in the clubhouse. I do think it would fit a silk in though.

If they have it on order, I would wait for the 28 you really want. Also, I'm about the same size and I don't think my K25 R is too small on me and I have hips/booty. It just looks like a small bag, not a miniature!

IMO 25 looks best in sellier so I would just go for it. When the small bag trend starts to go away H will be making fewer 25s.
Hope it's ok to jump in here. ;)
Do you mean 25 sellier looks better than a 28 sellier proportionally or do you mean a 25 sellier looks better than a 25 retourne in your opinion? Just curious because I'm debating on these two sizes as well in sellier. Thanks!

My SA offered me a RJ K25 Sellier recently and I bought it. I'm surprised at how much it holds and how functional it really is. It was difficult to get in and out of at first, as it was very stiff, but as I've used it, it's become much easier. The 25 is a great size for throwing over your shoulder and going during the day, but it's small enough to be evening appropriate with or without the strap. My K long wallets do not really fit, but that's my only complaint. In my experience, the 28 is easier to come by. Sounds like this is your HG combo, and you've been waiting for a long time, so my advice would be to purchase and love.

For me, Sellier is best as it really holds and shows the beautiful shape of the bag. Please post pics if you decide to take it home. Good luck. [emoji173]️

Hope it's ok to jump in here. ;)
Do you mean 25 sellier looks better than a 28 sellier proportionally or do you mean a 25 sellier looks better than a 25 retourne in your opinion? Just curious because I'm debating on these two sizes as well in sellier. Thanks!
I don't mean proportionally - that's so different for each person. I think when a Kelly starts to get really small and jewel box-like, it shows off the sellier shape very well. 25 retourné is also very nice, but I think the sellier looks special. Also, although sellier fits less, it looks larger, and bright colors also enlarge a bag visually. I would love a K20 sellier someday, although a vintage, not the MKII.
I also think 28 sellier is amazing and 28 is my favorite day to day size in a Kelly, even though I'm quite small.