[ADVICE NEEDED} Buying Chanel online

Aelfaerie

Curated Collection
O.G.
Dec 3, 2009
Hi everyone,

So I'm considering buying pre-owned Chanel online for the first time, and am wondering about the authenticity of Portero. The bag isn't coming with a box, dustbag, or certification card. Since this is also my first time buying from the site, is it considered a "safe" place to buy or does it depend on the item?

Also, this item is marked non-returnable. If the item is a fake or in bad condition, will customer service refund the purchase?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

So I'm considering buying pre-owned Chanel online for the first time, and am wondering about the authenticity of Portero. The bag isn't coming with a box, dustbag, or certification card. Since this is also my first time buying from the site, is it considered a "safe" place to buy or does it depend on the item?

Also, this item is marked non-returnable. If the item is a fake or in bad condition, will customer service refund the purchase?

Thanks!

I would suggest doing a search on TPF here for Portero and problems, issues etc... there are quite a few. Photoshopped items, arriving in bad condition, duplicate listings etc... and that they never answer their phone. Those are a few complaints I recall. I would highly recommend shopping from Yoogi's Closet or Fashionphile for your first pre-loved purchase. Much better customer service and then you have return options too. :smile:

Good luck!

I would suggest doing a search on TPF here for Portero and problems, issues etc... there are quite a few. Photoshopped items, arriving in bad condition, duplicate listings etc... and that they never answer their phone. Those are a few complaints I recall. I would highly recommend shopping from Yoogi's Closet or Fashionphile for your first pre-loved purchase. Much better customer service and then you have return options too. :smile:

Good luck!
Thanks so much! I didn't know what other options were available for pre-owned purchases. Will definitely check those sites out. :biggrin:

Always have a bag authenticated prior to buying no matter the online site, as most have had some bags slip through the cracks that were considered to not be authentic. If buying from a private party or second hand store, Etinceler authentications and Authenticate4U are two great resources for Chanel and the cost is only $5-7 which is a small price to pay for peace of mind.