Advice: Lindy vs. Evelyn

CynthiaNYC

Mar 2, 2007
WOW I had no idea the Lindy came in Evergrain--gorgeous!

As far as Lindy vs. Evelyne, they are really quite different bags, though both are obviously fairly casual. A large Evelyne II will hold a TON of stuff; I load mine down with more stuff than I even carry in a 35 Birkin. The Lindy also holds a lot, but to me is not as lightweight as even a Clemence Evelyne. They both come in fun colors, but with an Evelyne I would recommend that you make sure that you are happy with the color of the strap--some colors don't match the leather as well as one might like. The Lindy is often considered more versatile since you have the option of either shouldering it or carrying it in your hand/on your forearm.
The Evelyne is about half the price of a Lindy though, if I'm not mistaken? US Pricing for an Evelyne II GM in Clemence is about $2200 plus tax, while I think a Lindy in the same leather is more in the $5400 range or thereabouts (others can tell you for sure).

AirMess

shack in the woods
Nov 28, 2006
^ I agree with Cynthia, they are both different bags. My personal preference is the Lindy as well. The Evelyn is not lined, I'm always concern about the leather pilling. If you think the Lindy might stick out, try the 30 first, but I can't imagine how it would, try walking around the store with it, you'll notice that the Lindy will sit behind your arm/s. I carry my Lindy on the shoulder and it sits very naturally behind my arms, and I find it very comfortable.

babyshingo

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
^ I agree with Cynthia, they are both different bags. My personal preference is the Lindy as well. The Evelyn is not lined, I'm always concern about the leather pilling. If you think the Lindy might stick out, try the 30 first, but I can't imagine how it would, try walking around the store with it, you'll notice that the Lindy will sit behind your arm/s. I carry my Lindy on the shoulder and it sits very naturally behind my arms, and I find it very comfortable.
Thanks for your help.

My concern is also the evelyn is not lined.

I just thinking there isn't much to do, if I get the inside dirty. (i mean hard to clean)

babyshingo

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks.

I realize the price difference.

Just thinking in my hard: should I buy a Evelyn now or save more money to buy a lindy or even save even more money to buy a birkin. :confused1:

WOW I had no idea the Lindy came in Evergrain--gorgeous!

As far as Lindy vs. Evelyne, they are really quite different bags, though both are obviously fairly casual. A large Evelyne II will hold a TON of stuff; I load mine down with more stuff than I even carry in a 35 Birkin. The Lindy also holds a lot, but to me is not as lightweight as even a Clemence Evelyne. They both come in fun colors, but with an Evelyne I would recommend that you make sure that you are happy with the color of the strap--some colors don't match the leather as well as one might like. The Lindy is often considered more versatile since you have the option of either shouldering it or carrying it in your hand/on your forearm.
The Evelyne is about half the price of a Lindy though, if I'm not mistaken? US Pricing for an Evelyne II GM in Clemence is about $2200 plus tax, while I think a Lindy in the same leather is more in the $5400 range or thereabouts (others can tell you for sure).

CynthiaNYC

Mar 2, 2007
Well I will say that with my Evelyne I use a Chameleon purse insert, and not only does it keep the inside completely perfectly clean, but it also makes switching bags literally take one second! I just lift out the insert and pop it int the new bag. Added benefit: on "hard bottom" bags like a Birkin, the Chameleon protects the bottom, which many bag inserts like the Purseket don't. Lastly, I also like the fact that even in a deep bag like an Evelyne, I can find anything I need very quickly.
I don't have a Lindy, even though I have tried them on several times, so I can't help too much with that!
Just more food for thought!

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Thanks.

I realize the price difference.

Just thinking in my hard: should I buy a Evelyn now or save more money to buy a lindy or even save even more money to buy a birkin. :confused1:
If $$$ is no issue, buy them all, lol. Seriously, I think it really depends on what strikes you and what IS you. All 3 bags are rather different in shape/style/use. Which would you used more? Which bag is YOU?