Advice??? I don't know how to approach this!!!

Well, the black stains inside the pockets are just the dye from the bag I would believe. As my Mandy has the same exact black stains and I have hardly used my bag. It still should have been disclosed. Mine also has sealant issues and a few popped stitches. And those stitches that look like they are about to go...well ,mine has those too. And again, my bag has been barely used at all. I think Legacy bags in general had so many quality issues, but all of them should have been disclosed.
I would ask the seller for a partial refund so you could use the money to repair the bag. Show her the pics of the damage you have described here and go from there.
good luck.

What nerve... I say return it... Get your bag and your money back...

As far as the Smoking it is a none issue the seller new about it and was ok with it... but you were not ok with getting a bag that is this trashed... That bag is ruined and no one should have a Coach bag in this condition....

Well, the black stains inside the pockets are just the dye from the bag I would believe. As my Mandy has the same exact black stains and I have hardly used my bag. It still should have been disclosed. Mine also has sealant issues and a few popped stitches. And those stitches that look like they are about to go...well ,mine has those too. And again, my bag has been barely used at all. I think Legacy bags in general had so many quality issues, but all of them should have been disclosed.
I would ask the seller for a partial refund so you could use the money to repair the bag. Show her the pics of the damage you have described here and go from there.
good luck.

Kind of off topic, but I thought the whole draw of legacy bags was the quality and craftsmanship? I know nothing about legacy, but I thought the reason everyone raved about it was because of the superior workmanship compared to today's bags? I was just surprised to read that about legacy bags.

I am sorry about the condition of your bag. I think you need to contact the seller and work out a resolution that is to your satisfaction. I have a Mandy in Black and she does not look like that. I hope this works out for you.

I'd show her the pictures you posted and ask for the $50 that you mentioned you would have paid instead of the $100. Since she was good with communication hopefully it will all work out.

I would want a return on items exchanged but if you want the bag I think this might help you feel better about the trade.

crissy11-
The legacy leather is fantastic, but the verdigris that seems to happen on all of these bags sucks (green around brass)!

This is totally true Crissy11 and in addition if a bag is treated as a abusively as this one was it does not matter the quality or the maker that bag will suffer... A bag of less quality would have fallen apart..

Kind of off topic, but I thought the whole draw of legacy bags was the quality and craftsmanship? I know nothing about legacy, but I thought the reason everyone raved about it was because of the superior workmanship compared to today's bags? I was just surprised to read that about legacy bags.

Don't get me wrong, but Legacy leather is gorgeous! Its just that all my Legacy bags have issues. Loose or broken stitches, sealant coming off the handles, my black leather bags stained the satin lining, verdigris on the hardware, broken turnlocks, etc. There have been many here who have returned bags for repair. Me included. But I would not trade any of my Legacy bags as the leather itself makes up for these minor issues. The leather is so thick and wonderful! And even with these issues the bag looks so good over time as the leather really breaks in and becomes so soft.

Everyone's idea of condition is so subjective, I have always looked at used bags, but have never sold any of mine, & have never been able to bring myself to buy, for that very reason. That being said, I feel you are justified in having a conversation with her to let her know this does not meet your expectations. Good luck!

I HATE doing this but sent her a mssg. Am I being picky??? My husband thought the bag looked like absolute $HIT. NONE of my bags are in anywhere NEAR this condition. He said she was probably "laughing" that I took such a well used bag and PAID for her to take mine. My bag looked NOTHING like this in terms of condition!!!!

I HATE doing this but sent her a mssg. Am I being picky??? My husband thought the bag looked like absolute $HIT. NONE of my bags are in anywhere NEAR this condition. He said she was probably "laughing" that I took such a well used bag and PAID for her to take mine. My bag looked NOTHING like this in terms of condition!!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is ridiculous that she could do that trade with a clear conscience! My fingers are crossed for you that this can be resolved.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is ridiculous that she could do that trade with a clear conscience! My fingers are crossed for you that this can be resolved.

no id be very very mad. im so sorry that mandy has alot of work to be done to her. such a shame how people abuse their bags. i know how much it sucks to want a bag and wait to get it just for a disappointment. i really hope it all works out for you. let us see your other bags you said you were waiting on!

I would ask the seller for a full refund, and my bag back. Or I would give her the option of buying my bag because there's no telling what kind of shape it will be in once you get it back.

Did you go through bonanzle or ebay or was this a private sale?