Advice - Hermes orange or Feu?

Steph1377

Jun 8, 2019
Hi! I got an Evelyne PM III in the FEU color with gold hardware off Fashionphile on Friday for $3K. It's crazy great condition and is 2020, so I was super excited. I have the Evelyne GM in Orange with Palladium hardware, and LOVE it like crazy. My question is this. The Feu with gold hardware looks a bit off to me. The Feu also has a bit of brick or red in it, although it's kind of hard to tell from my pictures. What do you guys think? Is the gold hardware pretty and am I just being a goober? I love all things orange, so I desperately want to like it, but I'm not sure if I do. Is gold hardware on Feu more rare? Not sure why I have never seen it. I kind of think I also prefer the GM size, but I never see it online in orange.

Anyone out there with thoughts? Anyone have Feu with gold or palladium HW? How do you like it? Thanks so much! Pictures for help. My Silver hardware GM is the last pic.

Gold.jpg

Gold 2.jpg

My GM.jpg

Hi! I got an Evelyne PM III in the FEU color with gold hardware off Fashionphile on Friday for $3K. It's crazy great condition and is 2020, so I was super excited. I have the Evelyne GM in Orange with Palladium hardware, and LOVE it like crazy. My question is this. The Feu with gold hardware looks a bit off to me. The Feu also has a bit of brick or red in it, although it's kind of hard to tell from my pictures. What do you guys think? Is the gold hardware pretty and am I just being a goober? I love all things orange, so I desperately want to like it, but I'm not sure if I do. Is gold hardware on Feu more rare? Not sure why I have never seen it. I kind of think I also prefer the GM size, but I never see it online in orange.

Anyone out there with thoughts? Anyone have Feu with gold or palladium HW? How do you like it? Thanks so much! Pictures for help. My Silver hardware GM is the last pic.

View attachment 4874725

View attachment 4874726

View attachment 4874727
I think the Feu with GHW is gorgeous! It would be great to see a pic of both bags together.

I think the Feu with GHW is gorgeous! It would be great to see a pic of both bags together.
That is a great idea, thanks. Posting pics of both together here. The pics don't really do the Feu justice in terms of the color. It seems to be a little redder orange than my Orange Hermes bag. I think the thing holding me back when I see them together is the gold hardware. I just bought an Evelyne for my husband to give me for my birthday in a couple weeks in Gold with gold hardware, and I like the gold hardware on that one a lot, but I don't know if I like it on Feu. I never, ever see orange (or Feu for that matter) on resale websites in excellent condition and I have never ever seen it on Hermes.com, so I jumped at Feu. Maybe I will fall in love with the gold hardware? Anyone have a similar experience? I wish I loved it for $3K, but I'm not 100% there...only 90% ;). The orange bags are my absolute fave though bc orange is my fave color.

Thanks for any insights! Have a lovely afternoon.

BAGS 1.jpg

Bags 2.jpg

Bags 3.jpg

That is a great idea, thanks. Posting pics of both together here. The pics don't really do the Feu justice in terms of the color. It seems to be a little redder orange than my Orange Hermes bag. I think the thing holding me back when I see them together is the gold hardware. I just bought an Evelyne for my husband to give me for my birthday in a couple weeks in Gold with gold hardware, and I like the gold hardware on that one a lot, but I don't know if I like it on Feu. I never, ever see orange (or Feu for that matter) on resale websites in excellent condition and I have never ever seen it on Hermes.com, so I jumped at Feu. Maybe I will fall in love with the gold hardware? Anyone have a similar experience? I wish I loved it for $3K, but I'm not 100% there...only 90% ;). The orange bags are my absolute fave though bc orange is my fave color.

View attachment 4875187

View attachment 4875188

View attachment 4875189
The shade of orange on the Feu is bringing out the yellow in the gold, and it's just a titch too much, that's what's driving you nuts; you can especially see it in the bottom photo.

If you don't love it now, you're not going to love it - that's one thing I've learned over the years. You will always be going "but the gold hardware...." when you look at this bag, and that's no way to live with a $3000 bag. :flowers:

I just bought an Evelyne for my husband to give me for my birthday in a couple weeks in Gold with gold hardware, and I like the gold hardware on that one a lot, but I don't know if I like it on Feu.
I think you’ve answered your own question. ITA with @indiaink above that if you don’t love it now. . .

View attachment 4875187

View attachment 4875188

View attachment 4875189

I thought Orange and Feu were nearly identical, but your side by side picture really highlights the difference in color. Thanks for sharing!