Advice/help in selling Valentino shoes

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Hello,

I have just bought my Valentino Noir ( pebbled leather) kitten heels flat on sale. When I tried it in store, it seems like a perfect fit. However after trying it at home, I do noticed my heels is hanging off the edge. I do not think stretching the front will help since I have pretty long toes and my toes are already pushed in as far as i could.

Since the shoes are final sale ( purchased from Valentino store) , what do you ladies think I should do? I have never sold anything prior since most of the items that I purchased have good return policy. So I dont know if doing ebay would be best?

2. That's a tough situation. You could list them on eBay and try sellin them but they charge a lot for the fees. I've never ran into this situation before but maybe you can call the boutique and ask if you could exchange them for another size/color. I know you said they were a final sale. It never hurts to try. Sorry they didn't work out for you!

3. Unfortunately they do not have any more sizes. Mine was a 7.5 and that was the very last pair in the company.

I was able to stop by at Barneys and tried on a size 8 ( different color) and I think the 8 fits me best ( although straps are a little loose).

I really hate to sell it just because this one has the pebbled leather. All the other ones I've seen is smooth leather.

I should have thought clearly behind I bought it. But the sa kept telling me that it was the right fit and because it was the last pair, I immediately purchased it.

I guess i will have to call the store first and see what they say.

4. Oh I hope they can do something for you! I've given into buying something that didn't fit right but bought it because it was on sale and a last pair.

You can also see if you can get a quote from an online consignment shop to see what you could recoup. Or see what a cobbler could do for you. Good luck!

5. I've tried the consignment store and think they are ridiculous. Maybe that's just me, but they are offering $350-$400 for my shoes which were brand new.

I did ended up keeping them though because after wearing them around the houses, i think they looked fine. My right feet fits perfectly, its just the left feet that hangs out a little. My dh also said they fit great and look good on me ( after bugging me the whole night lol), he must have though I am crazy.

Overall I am happy that I got this pair as it was everything that I wanted.

6. Glad you've decided to keep them. As far as dealing with a consignment store, you will never get much for your shoes. They are out to make a profit as well, so that sounds about right.

7. Great! I'm glad they worked out for you!