Advice...Halzan in etoupe or this Chanel crossbody.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am obsessed with anything crossbody. I love this Chanel, but then also found the Halzan in the beautiful etoupe Halzan! Thoughts?

I fell in love with the edginess of the Chanel, but also love the ease and leather on Hermes, and love, love my Evelyne! Also, have a more casual lifestyle....but am a working mom;). Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. I love this Chanel. LOVE it.

3. +1

4. Wow! Ok. Shocked in this forum, but fool. I love her too.

5. Get both my best solutions
    Haha
    One crossbody never enough

6. #6 Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    I love chanel......but I don't like the chain strap
    I can imagine the uncomfort to carry this bag crossbody :shucks:

I prefer an Halzan in this case
    This bag is nice

7. I like the style of the Chanel bag but after owning several of their bags, the quality is really not anywhere near Hermes.

I feel like you might have to baby this bag compared to the Halzan, and for this reason, I vote for H.

8. Something to consider about chain straps -- tis a hot summer day and you are driving, the purse is on the seat and the sun is honed in on the chain. You are wearing a sleeveless top or worse your top is the new look of off the shoulder -- you know where this is going -- you grab the bag and without thinking twice, put it on. Chain meets flesh; you are a nanosecond away from screaming. Been there, done that, don't wanna go back.

9. The chanel bag looks wonderful on you! Do you have a comparison shot wearing the halzan so that we can best advise? Generally speaking, if you like a more structured bag, the chanel is perfect. If you prefer a softer, smooshy bag, go with the halzan....Of course, one can easily make the argument for getting both!

10. The Halzan has a huge advantage in that it can be a tote, crossbody, or clutch as well. If that sort of flexibility is useful to you, the Halzan is the winner. I would also guess that, for a working mom, the Halzan will be a tougher bag, and will hold more. But the Chanel is very cool--I certainly understand your attraction to it!
    I say both. Both serve different purposes! (Enable, enable, enable.)

11. P.S. I am not knowledgeable about Chanel--Does this style have a name?

12. I think it is the bucket drawstring bag or something......

13. I have been thinking about getting both sadly.

14. I don't, it would be coming in from another store....so would need to wait.

15. ��. Good point.