Advice for Selling Trendy CC

Thanks so much for your input.

I absolutely love the Trendy. It’s actually my favourite bag! However, the reason I don’t use it is because of the lambskin, and the corner wear that I’ve seen on other Trendys. I used to only ever buy lambskin Chanel bags (mainly classic flaps) and have owned many over the years - I also have a lambskin wallet - and no matter what people say, it’s definitely not as hardy as caviar, and it shows wear and tear much faster. I am an absolute perfectionist and love my bags to stay in new condition. Because of this, I can’t bring myself to use the Trendy as I would another bag. I know the Kelly wouldn’t be my every day bag but I’m happy with that. It’s a classic bag and I’d rather have it in my collection.

You made a good point about selling the 19. I am actually selling that too! I use it a lot so it’s probably unwise of me to sell it but I just don’t feel the same about it. I feel it has become very dated. I find the chains and logo too blingy and gaudy for my taste.

There has definitely been more interest in my Trendy than my 19.
Well, for what it’s worth, I am a perfectionist too and very detailed oriented.

However, my bags are just bags, just like clothes, non-durable goods. I don’t treat them precious or baby them.

I love my bags and wear them everywhere.

I would not let your fear of ruining something prevent you from enjoying what you love.

Bags are meant to be worn. A worn bag is a well-loved bag.

That said, I do understand some people view their bags differently, but I do want to share this thought with you.

The Trendy CC is a stunning bag. You love it and already have it, so for me, I would just use that gorgeous bag.

By the way, to answer your other question, Trendy CCs are coming out now as part of 23B. There are coming out in full force, all three sizes, many color options.

Good luck to you selling your bags and getting your new K!

Well, for what it’s worth, I am a perfectionist too and very detailed oriented.

However, my bags are just bags, just like clothes, non-durable goods. I don’t treat them precious or baby them.

I love my bags and wear them everywhere.

I would not let your fear of ruining something prevent you from enjoying what you love.

Bags are meant to be worn. A worn bag is a well-loved bag.

That said, I do understand some people view their bags differently, but I do want to share this thought with you.

The Trendy CC is a stunning bag. You love it and already have it, so for me, I would just use that gorgeous bag.

By the way, to answer your other question, Trendy CCs are coming out now as part of 23B. There are coming out in full force, all three sizes, many color options.

Good luck to you selling your bags and getting your new K!
Thanks so much for your advice. I agree bags are there to be used but I’ve had it for a few years and I think I’m ready to let it go now! There are other bags I would like to put the funds towards, like another classic flap or Hermes.

Oh really? I didn’t realise that there would be a lot more Trendy CCs coming out? So now would be a good time to sell?

Thanks so much for your advice. I agree bags are there to be used but I’ve had it for a few years and I think I’m ready to let it go now! There are other bags I would like to put the funds towards, like another classic flap or Hermes.

Oh really? I didn’t realise that there would be a lot more Trendy CCs coming out? So now would be a good time to sell?
Yes, the Trendy CCs seem to come out alternating seasons, so this season is the time for Trendy CCs.
As FYI, this means Coco Handles will be out next season as Chanel recently seems to alternate these two styles for seasonal colors.

On selling your bag, since you are 100% sure you won't use it and need the money to fund your K, then yes, sell it.

5000 GBP is a great price, so I would close that deal before the new Trendy CCs come out. Why?
Because 5000 GBP and 5800 GBP is not that much of a difference, and there may be some buyers that prefer to just get a brand new bag vs a used one.

The exception of course would be if you have a limited seasonal color, but my guess is you have the black which comes out nearly every rotation.

So yes, just sell it and take the 5000 GBP. Hmm, thinking.. I guess that offer fell through? You first posted on Sept 4, and it has been a week and you still have the bag. Regardless, just sell it.

The market for used bags is definitely slowing down now. I don't buy used bags, but a friend of mine does and also sells her bags. She says there are tons of bags now, sellers have to offer discounts, and she has tried to sell some bags to resellers and they have been rejected, even Hermes. Resellers are saturated with bags they can't sell now.

So yes.. if the person or company that offered you 5000 GBP is still interested, I'd sell it! Good luck to you with your Kelly!