Advice for Re-selling

chrissyd

Feb 25, 2013
Hi everyone,

What is everyone's opinion on re-selling a LV bag?
I've never sold before, but in my research, the typical websites for selling really low-ball you on the offer and then sell your item for a ton more....over retail.

Reactions: THE_Lena
There's a ton of info on threads here already about selling. Have you tried a search?

Number one is being able to firmly establish authenticity, which is the seller's responsibility before it goes anywhere.

Hi everyone,

I've never sold before, but in my research, the typical websites for selling really low-ball you on the offer and then sell your item for a ton more....over retail.
Hi Chrissyd, Are you in the US? If so, you can pm for advice…

Hi everyone,

There are many ways to sell, some more risks than others. I stopped selling on auction sites because of bad experiences. I would rather make less money and not deal with the drama associated with selling. Do you have any ideas where you may want to sell?

I prefer consignment options, or sites that will buy from me. I'm in the UK, so for me, it's Handbag Clinic / Designer Exchange / Bagista.

I'm a regular ebayer of jewellery and antiques (it's my 'day job'), but for things that could easily generate issues like designer bags / clothes, I consign elsewhere. NB: I've heard of people selling AUTHENTIC bags that have had their account closed, when buyers have complained and said their items aren't genuine.

As others have said, definitely try to get multiple quotes - bear in mind the prices you see on the consignment sites include the commission of the website, so won't be the same as what they'll offer you. Also take into account things like postage to the consignment store (many will offer free postage for this, but some don't)... just so you take in all of your relevant costs of selling.

I don't want any hassles dealing directly with buyers. They could return a fake, etc. So I generally have an idea of price in mind and then submit it for quotes from multiple sites like Fashionphile, Yoogi's Closet, Rebag, etc. Let us know what you came up with!
Hi, out of the sites you listed, which is your favorite where you've had the best experiences?

Hi, out of the sites you listed, which is your favorite where you've had the best experiences?
Hi! I just sold something to Yoogi's and Fashionphile within the past couple of weeks. Yoogi's sometimes offers less money, but in this case they paid what I wanted for one item and they seem to pay more quickly than Fashionphile. On two items, Fashionphile offered more money than Yoogi's. I usually submit my items to both for quotes at the same time.

Sell on your own possibly can get much more money than selling to any consignments, sometimes more than double or triple, but sometimes selling to consignments will bring you more money in hand than selling on your own, it depends on the brand, the item, your skill of selling, the luck.

Reactions: Loriad and Cathryn
I have this question, too. I keep reading that LV bags retain their value, but I have some expensive and unique bags (5k+) that I would like to sell. When I request a quote from Yoogi's or Fashionphile, the price they offer is less than half of what I paid for the bag. On the other hand, I am afraid to sell on my own via ebay because I have heard of people having issues. My bags are in perfect condition, and it seems a shame to keep them when someone else may enjoy wearing them. How does one sell on their own without ebay? Have any of you ever used Craigslist or Offer-up? Do any of you have tips for selling on your own? Or for getting a higher price from Fashionphile etc?

I have this question, too. I keep reading that LV bags retain their value, but I have some expensive and unique bags (5k+) that I would like to sell. When I request a quote from Yoogi's or Fashionphile, the price they offer is less than half of what I paid for the bag. On the other hand, I am afraid to sell on my own via ebay because I have heard of people having issues. My bags are in perfect condition, and it seems a shame to keep them when someone else may enjoy wearing them. How does one sell on their own without ebay? Have any of you ever used Craigslist or Offer-up? Do any of you have tips for selling on your own? Or for getting a higher price from Fashionphile etc?
If you don't have any experiences of selling, espeically when comes to very high priced items, then it is probably better to sell to consignment, to the highest quote. That's the safest option. Of course you could sell on your own for any prices you want and might sold fast.

Reactions: Loriad
You can also try Rebag. Or wait 30 days until the Fashionphile quote expires and resubmit it. Sometimes it changes!

Reactions: Critzie
I sell on eBay all the time its the best place to sell you get the most money for your bag. Now they have Authenticators, so after your bag sells you send it to them and they Verify authenticity and send it to the buyer. This service protects you as the seller from people saying the bag was a fake and the buyer knows the bag is authentic.