Advice for my next bag purchase

kells09

Feb 22, 2010
Hey all! I have been hopelessly searching for a new bag but I desperately need some help. However, I have a lot of parameters, which is probably why it's been so tough to find a new bag I love.

1. I'm saving for when I go to law school in the fall so I'm on a strict budget of $300 or less.
2. Also in the "I'm going to be broke and living on student loans soon" theme, I want a bag that will last a couple seasons both structurally and fashionably.
3. I want something that makes me go "ooh and ahh" every time I pick it up, so I would like real leather.
4. Nothing boring. I would like some interesting element like color, pockets, zips, etc.
5. Practical. Thinking a satchel because I usually tend to gravitate towards more structured bags.

Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

I have a MAC but I find that it could be hard to fit your school things in. Could you find a MAM in that price range? I've seen a couple of NWT MAM in that price range I think, on eBay

How about a RM Nikki? It looks like it can fit a lot and it's so classic in shape. I have seen them for less then $300 on ebay or bonanzle. Botkier is another brand that comes to mind, very stylish and high quality leather. They have sample sales several times a year and prices are generally $300 or less.

Go check out the Tano subforum. The Tano Minilisa was my first purse purchase when I joined tpf and its still one of my favorite bags. They have lots of colors, really nice leather, and their bags are beautiful. They are in the $220-$250 range.

I have several more expensive purses but Tano will always hold a special place in my heart and my bag has held up wonderfully with constant use and being beat around a lot.