Advice for monogram canvas repair! (pic)

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I know that LV won't repair canvas, so I'm looking for a diy or maybe some advice on who can do some kind of repair.

I scored an AWESOME deal on a holy grail bag, a Cruiser 45...but it was damaged in an airline incident. The tears are only in the canvas, they don't go through the lining.

I was thinking of maybe trying superglue to gently glue down the torn edges..or is there something else I could try? I live in a small town, and we do have a few seamstresses and a shoe repair store. The shoe repair store is a really small REALLY dirty little place, and I think I might be afraid to leave it there.

Any advice?

http://

Subbz

O.G.
May 21, 2011
Honestly my advice would be to return it and try finding another one.
Out of all the LV damages, this is the worst..
Sorry for being unhelpful :sad: but I don't think this is repairable or else LV would've did it.

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
I know that LV won't repair canvas, so I'm looking for a diy or maybe some advice on who can do some kind of repair.

I scored an AWESOME deal on a holy grail bag, a Cruiser 45...but it was damaged in an airline incident. The tears are only in the canvas, they don't go through the lining.

I was thinking of maybe trying superglue to gently glue down the torn edges..or is there something else I could try? I live in a small town, and we do have a few seamstresses and a shoe repair store. The shoe repair store is a really small REALLY dirty little place, and I think I might be afraid to leave it there.

Any advice?

I would start with one tiny edge, put some super glue on the end of a toothpick and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y use it to apply the adhesive. Will be curious to follow this trumanfin and see if others have ever repaired canvas successfully....always learn something on tpf!

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008

Any advice?

Any update? What did you decide to do?

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I kind of fixed it! I bought vinyl patches at the fabric store, and used them inside the bag. Then I used superglue to push down the edges that were still sticking up. I got a little glue on the canvas, which turned white (argh) but I carried it a few weeks ago on vacation, and most of the white is gone. It's a very, very small area (looks big on the close up pictures I took) and I took lots of pictures of us at the airport and the bag, and you can't even see it!

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
I kind of fixed it! I bought vinyl patches at the fabric store, and used them inside the bag. Then I used superglue to push down the edges that were still sticking up. I got a little glue on the canvas, which turned white (argh) but I carried it a few weeks ago on vacation, and most of the white is gone. It's a very, very small area (looks big on the close up pictures I took) and I took lots of pictures of us at the airport and the bag, and you can't even see it!

Glad it worked out for you! Clever idea to do it from the inside.