Advice for Gelish Tiki Tiki Laranga application?

kathyathome

Hopeless obsesser
Dec 28, 2012
I swatched this from the bottle, and it still looks like it isn't opaque after 3 coats. Any advice about how to get an opaque on my nails without more than 3 coats? I was thinking about applying one coat of Gelish Tiger Blossom underneath so as not to change the Tiki color but give it an undie that would help with getting opaque. Thanks for advice from anyone who has used Tiki and had the same problem.

Shake the heck out of it. But yes, still you need undies under most of those from the Rio "neon" collection for complete opacity if you're like me and don't like *ANY* hint of VNL.

I don't have this color but I've heard that a good way to make a color pop is to use white underneath. This may also make it more opaque.

Shake the heck out of it. But yes, still you need undies under most of those from the Rio "neon" collection for complete opacity if you're like me and don't like *ANY* hint of VNL.

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to thank you both earlier. I didn't realize it is a neon color, and I didn't shake it very well either. White undies would keep the color true, so I'll try that and just do as many coats as I need.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Tried the Tiger Blossom underneath on one hand and CND Beau, which is clearer than Romantique but still has some pigment, on the other hand for undies. The Beau hand worked the best, still had to do 3 coats of the Tiki Tiki. Actually I might have done 4, sort of lost count. I think white would have worked better, but I don't have one.

I was doing this to see if I wanted to put it in the exchange box I'll be getting in a few weeks, actually thought I wouldn't like it because I didn't know it was neon when I bought it and thought it would be too weird for me. WOW! is all I can say. It is just gorgeous! This is going to be my orange for next summer for sure. In the meantime I'm going to get a new white, which I need for french manis anyway.

Just thought you might like to know how it went.