Advice for first VC&A purchase- thinking of getting a set!

Mar 30, 2017
Hi everyone :smile:

I am looking to get my very first VC&A pieces for my 30th birthday! I would like a set that is very classic and timeless, and that can be worn to work in a business formal environment as well as casually. My budget is around $6k. I was thinking of getting the Vintage Alhambra YG MOP pendant, but I would like to have a set so I'm torn between also getting the matching 5-motif bracelet or the VA MOP earrings. Would wearing the earrings and necklace together be too matchy-matchy? Or would you get the necklace and bracelet as a set instead? I'm also open to other suggestions from VC&A as well. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Personally only, i would do earrings and bracelet. But if you love a pendant, get the pendant and bracelet, and if you have diamond studs, that can go with everything. Put off the earrings to a later purchase. I'm definitely pro-bracelet because you get to look at it all the time on your wrist. This is definitely just the start...

My vote is necklace and bracelet as this is literally what I just did as my first pieces. So I am biased LOL but they are literally stunning. I too may get earrings but IMO if your hair is even a little bit long you won’t see those as much. The necklace was wow but the bracelet was like holy wow. Let us know what you get!

Reactions: Mali_ and hhw
I would do bracelet and necklace. For me personally i wouldn't do earrings, only because i have so much costume jewellery in earrings and i wouldn't get enough wear if i got vca earrings (cost per wear would be high)

I vote for pendant and bracelet too. It would be slightly over your budget. With bracelet you got a lot more motifs haha

i like to change out my earrings daily. Depends on outfit

i'm also in the same stage of deciding what pieces to get. Would you buy two different sizes (ie sweet earrings/vintage bracelet/necklace), or go with with one common size (sweet/sweet for all earrings, vintage, bracelet)? why is this such a struggle? LOL

I would do earrings and necklace, especially for a work setting. I find it hard to see my bracelets at work with jackets or blouses on. But the earrings and necklace will go with everything and be seen. Suggest getting necklace lengthen so you can wear with different necklines.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Thanks all for your help! I think I am leaning towards bracelet/pendant combo, but that photo of Kelly Rutherford...:amazed: The choices!!

This is definitely the beginning of a dangerous VC&A addiction! I also looked at the Frivole and Lotus lines and WOW! I especially love the pieces with pave diamonds. But I would only be able to afford the mini sizes right now and it's too small for my liking. But something to keep in mind for the future though? My wallet is crying!