Advice for a new seller please?

Aaorin

May 16, 2010
Hello, ladies! :cool:

I've just recently started selling on ebay - just sold my Burberry Blue Label purse. It's not a big sale, it went for $160. But big or not, I would really, really prefer the transaction went as smoothly as possible, especially after reading all those crazy ebay cases some of you here had to go through. I'm shipping the bag tomorrow, and I was wondering if I should get signature confirmation for it? I know it's under $250 so it's not necessary per se, but does it provide extra protection? I'm going to insure the bag for the full price as well.

Thank you!

As long as PP says it is oK to ship and that you have seller protection you should be ok with just DC. Does the buyer have anything in their FB that would send up any red flags?
Keep in mind that for every horror story there are thousands of transactions that go off without a hitch.

I use the apartment/general area rule. If it is going to NYC or another large city, I get signature confirmation unless the item is a lower cost item. If it seems to be going to an apartment complex, I also get SC unless it is a less expensive item.