Advice: Earrings - MOP or Pave or Both

Faith2

Jul 15, 2008
I am fairly new to VCA and I am trying to make a decision about a earring purchase. I currently have the Alhambra vintage MOP and sweet pave pendants. I am thinking about purchasing matching earrings for both however I am wondering if I should only buy one pair. When I think about it, would the pave earrings work with the MOP pendant or should I just purchase the MOP earrings and use my diamond studs when I wear the pave pendant? Would you buy matching earrings for both pendants or only select one? I am not usually a matchy person but with VCA it seems to be the way to go. I know this is a personal choice but I was hoping some of you could share your experience as I am trying to decide if purchasing both is a good idea. Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.

Hi! You have lovely pieces, and for me, I would get the matching Vintage MOP earrings for sure. I think for the single Vintage pendant, the matching earrings give it a fabulous look. It ties the look together and adds so much style.
Also, the MOP stone just glows. MOP is my favorite stone, so I vote yes to Vintage MOP earrings!

On the pave sweet earrings, I would not get them. Why?
To me, the earrings are really tiny as the Sweets line was made for little girls. It has very little presence on the ears, more of an accent piece. I also do not think wearing a Sweets "set" (e.g. pendant & earrings) has the same effect as wearing a Vintage set due to the tiny Sweets size. Hence, I think wearing your diamond studs is fine.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I have a gut feel as you get more into VCA, you will find Sweets a bit too small and lacking in presence. I think you will eventually prefer the Vintage size especially since you already have a Vintage pendant.

I would suggest you first get the Vintage MOP earrings and see how you like them. I think you will love the size. You can then decide what you want as your next piece... earrings, bracelet, new stone set, etc.

You may love the tiny Sweets size and want to collect it, but I would suggest before you buy the Sweets earrings, get the Vintage MOP earrings and wear it with the Vintage MOP pendant first to see how you like that look.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps in your decision. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your advice. I am not sure about the vintage MOP earrings, but I will definitely try them on to see if they suit me. Another reason I like the sweet size is I feel they can be worn casually and they are understated compared to the vintage size. I think the MOP vintage studs are quite dressy however if I purchase the pave in the sweet size then the pave sweet could act as a more casual every day piece where the MOP would be more for occasional use when I have an event to attend. Would you wear the sweet pave studs with the Vintage MOP pendant. I am just not sure. But I think that considering two sizes is a good idea. Thank you.

Reactions: missie1
First, how one mixes/matches jewelry is 100% preference, so there is on right or wrong.
Some people like matching sets while others just toss on whatever they want, and it's a hodge podge but it looks great on the person.
Go with what you love, but more important, go with what you will actually wear regularly. I do not buy jewelry for that special event that happens once in a blue moon. I wear all my pieces regularly.

I personally do not think the Vintage MOP is dressy at all. I have the Vintage MOP and wear them with my other VCA pieces as set. I wear the very casual, with shorts.

That said, if you feel the Vintage size is too dressy, I would get the sweet pave then. You'll also create the sweet pave set.

Last edited:
Reactions: wisconsin
Thank you for your comments. I agree with you jewellery is about personal preference, style and.comfort. But sometimes you can love it but it doesn’t work for you. I need to try the earrings on and see how I feel and then make a decision whether to buy both pairs or just buy one.

Thinking about it, I think the sweet pave earrings will work for me. I think they can be worn with the Vintage WG MOP pendant and will make the set with the sweet pave pendant. As well I think overall they are good staple earring for me as I think I would get much more wear from the pave pair. If down the road I want a matching set with MOP I will consider the earrings or the bracelet to match. Thank you all for your advice.