Advice between Evelyne etoupe v vert de gris

pinky7129

O.G.
Feb 19, 2007
Hi all!

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

I am stuck between the etoupe and vert de gris

i got the vert de gris, and all i see is the khaki color ‍♀️
i wanted something subtle with the H perforations, and when my SA brought out the VDG, my heart sang (i think).
Plus the etoupe looked too bright and in your face.
The next day, i open the box, and all i see is green. I do not own anything green. Nor do i think i ever wear green. Any advice all? Attached are photos and I’m back to thinking about etoupe ‍♀️

3B681476-97BC-457D-93C1-3D24F157BC09.jpeg

C6B8CCFF-F694-47B7-9B69-4CAA7E610263.jpeg

FEBAE29D-4FA2-4124-B538-BFFDCEF1907C.jpeg

741FCC37-0F9F-41A3-BA47-7B1FEE582C89.jpeg

AEFF5724-8FA9-4E88-AADC-A26C7DCA6784.jpeg

ED1067C0-0223-4C05-B47B-8A10541C169D.jpeg

Reactions: Hermes Zen
I think the VDG looks great with all those outfits. Etoupe is good too but I do think VDG is a little more special.

I also LOVE that Hermes colors can look so different in different lighting. My Etain Evie sometimes looks gray, sometimes blue, sometimes taupe, depending on what I'm wearing. VDG looks similar.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
It’s true that vert de gris is a more unique color than etoupe, but you have to think how it works for you and your warddrobe. When I got my etoupe Evie, I also saw vert sauge, a beautiful sage green color. I was tempted, but like you, I don’t have much of anything green in my warddrobe — I have black, gray, and blue. Vert sauge may have worked with a lot of my stuff, but I was more comfortable with etoupe and years later, I’m still glad I got it. It’s a cool neutral that goes with almost everything I own. There’s a reason why etoupe is a classic H color.

I‘d advise going back and looking at both colors again. The vert de gris looks great in your photos, but you have to be comfortable with it. Let us know what you decide!

I don’t own any Hermès bags, so I don’t know if I’m allowed to express opinion, but I vote for vert de Gris!
Since I'm about to agree with you, you get a pass for this time :roflmfao: Just kidding, of course you're welcome to have an opinion, H bag or no! :flowers:

I also vote for Vert de Gris, because I feel that based on the outfits in your pictures (if they're representative of your wardrobe), it would be a better fit. Overall, it's also a more subtle and sophisticated colour. Consider also whether it's the lighting in your home/dressing room that changes your perception of VdG.

That being said, if you see it and feel you won't reach for it, then you may want to exchange it for the Etoupe.. or another colour that makes your heart sing.

Lose the VdeG. You won't unsee its greenness, which is apparently off-putting. Either exchange for the Etoupe (which is not, generally speaking, in your face IRL) or hold out for a color that really moves you. It's a large-ish surface so you'll see the color a lot and should be happy with your choice.