Advice-Appropriate gift for my favourite sales assistant

Koga

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
I have a fantastic sales assistant at Tiffany, and I would like to show her my appreciation for always taking such a good care of me, even though I haven't made any major purchases yet. She is a genuinely kind- hearted person who never tries to push me to purchase anything. She is always honest and has such a positive energy. I'm sure you can tell I really think she is great:smile:.

What would be an appropriate gift? Nordstrom gift card and some gourmet chocolate? How much would you say would be the appropriate gift card amount?
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Reactions: uhpharm01
You are a very kind person [emoji4]. I have received chocolate's, champagne, movie vouchers and food hampers when I worked in retail from very kind clients. I'm sure she would love anything that you choose.

Reactions: uhpharm01
You are a very kind person [emoji4]. I have received chocolate's, champagne, movie vouchers and food hampers when I worked in retail from very kind clients. I'm sure she would love anything that you choose.
Thanks for the advice Canturi! I'm leaning towards getting her some chocolate and something else:smile:
I would suggest staying away from gift cards. I had given my SA chocolates and wine.
Oh, are they not allowed to accept gift cards from another brand? I do not want to get her in trouble!

Thanks for the advice Canturi! I'm leaning towards getting her some chocolate and something else:smile:
Oh, are they not allowed to accept gift cards from another brand? I do not want to get her in trouble!
It's against company policy for them to accept gift cards or cash.giving them a gift card it's like giving them cash. But you can given them wine or chocolate or food like some other members have suggested.

if your close enough with her, you can ask her out for a quick lunch and either treat her to that or give her the gift while she's away from the boutique. I've done both, or if you prefer to give it to her at the store, it would need to be food related items as they are typically not allowed to take gifts. (I have however given my sa a watch as a gift and it was in the Chanel boutique, there was no problem) I do think each store is slightly different.

if your close enough with her, you can ask her out for a quick lunch and either treat her to that or give her the gift while she's away from the boutique. I've done both, or if you prefer to give it to her at the store, it would need to be food related items as they are typically not allowed to take gifts. (I have however given my sa a watch as a gift and it was in the Chanel boutique, there was no problem) I do think each store is slightly different.
Great idea! I will try to do that so I can give her a gift card. Thank you for the suggestion!

Personally I would send (as opposed to handing) her some chocolates with a little thank you note and also write a letter of appreciation to Tiffany head office. Think it may be awkward to ask her out for lunch and she could feel a little embarrassed or compromised as you are not actually friends.
But this just could be my British reserve talking :biggrin:

Personally I would send (as opposed to handing) her some chocolates with a little thank you note and also write a letter of appreciation to Tiffany head office. Think it may be awkward to ask her out for lunch and she could feel a little embarrassed or compromised as you are not actually friends.
But this just could be my British reserve talking :biggrin:
:goodpost: