Advice Appreciated: I'm a little upset with my new Copernic Wallet

I see all of your points and I say go with your gut and exchange if you can. It's really not going to set well with you until the product is how you want/expect. It's about how you feel and your expectations...I say go for it. After all, you spent YOUR money on this wallet and you deserve to feel proud and revel in the moment of owning this gorgeous piece

It looks to me like the top part is machine sewn but the rest where the inside card slots are attached are hand stitched.

I know I said to enjoy your wallet in your previous post but this inconsistency would bother me to no end (OCD!!). I would not even buy it because of that.

I wonder if they've always done that or if it's a recent time/cost cutting measure.

It looks to me like the top part is machine sewn but the rest where the inside card slots are attached are hand stitched.

I know I said to enjoy your wallet in your previous post but this inconsistency would bother me to no end (OCD!!). I would not even buy it because of that.

I wonder if they've always done that or if it's a recent time/cost cutting measure.

I'm glad you see it now :biggrin: Yes it annoys me to no end too, and honestly, I feel a little irked every time I see it (and no one should have to feel irked by a 900 euro wallet!!!!!). I guess I'll take it to the boutique then ;)

i dont see that your wallet has any problem. Your wallet is even more beautiful than the one shown on H.com (that you captured).

craftsman have told me not the entire bag or wallet is hand-stitched. some parts that are not subject to tension are stitched by machine.

go back to your question: you have your right to tell Hermes that you are not happy with the wallet. However, i am sure the SA in your local store will see that you are a weirdo.

I am sure some readers here (but they dont post) will see that you are being too picky and being unrealistic....its like you are trying to find a piece of bone inside an egg.

the point i am trying to make here: just be realistic and dont be over-picky. enjoy your wallet. it is a nice piece. and you should also feel lucky to be able to get this nice wallet as a souvenir for your Europe trip since buying leather goods is not easy now...and you have saved quite a lot compared to SG price. Also, dont focus on the price you paid (900 euro).

Last edited:
Not sure how to put this, so I'll get straight to my point. Switching to Hermes and get a wallet will not give you the Hermes Product experience anylonger .That could have been true 10 years ago.
It certainely gave you the Hermes buying experience, though.

Since 2006/2008, Hermes has turned into a huge global company with huge numbers of everything produced, and like every other huge company, their production is MASSIVE.
Read : quickly trained employees, sewing machines of different make everywhere, tons of threads from diffrent mills suppliers, tons of hardware pieces from many suppliers etc... As much as they care about quality , the result can't be as consistent as it used to be when each person would make one entire piece at a time. It's over, forever.

If you like to get the "Hermes product experience", buy something really exceptional from Hermes and you'll get that. Something in shiny Crocodile for example.

An Epsom Wallet is probably one of the most "industrial" product they are making... besides the H belts...

+100000000000

So sad... and so true. Probably the beginning of the end started when it went public on the Paris exchange in the 1990s. And the end of Hermes as we knew it took place when Jean-Louis Dumas retired in 2006.