Advice appreciated - get Speedy 25 when you have Speedy B30?

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
dear ladies, will you go ahead to get a Speedy 25 if you have the following;
- Speedy B30
- Pochette Metis
- Deauville

im leaning towards a handcarry bag & only love mono.
problem is, i find B30 is a little big to handcarry (perfect for shoulder or crossbody). for reference, im 5'1.

your advice please? :flowers:

Personally I would go for something else as you already have a speedy in the 30. Recently I had the same problem, but I had a speedy 30, and wanted the speedy 25 B, for the crossbody, and the strap option, and also a smaller bag than my 30. After much thought, I decided against it, as I already had the speedy and why get another bag in the same design, when you can get a different bag in a different design and have more options, so in the end I got the Siena pm, and it's simply gorgeous, it can be handheld as well, and also crossbody with the adjustable detachable strap, and it was a different design. So it ticked all the boxes.

Hope that helps.

I recently purchased two 25's - one in Mono and one in DE. I own 4 different 30's and I feel like they swallow me now so I know what you mean about them looking too big!. I am 5'2". Plus, the 25 size carries all of my essentials AND LV designed it for Audrey Hepburn! The mono 25 is SUCH an iconic bag so if you love it, you should buy it. If you want something a bit different, but handheld - maybe consider an Alama BB in Mono or a Tivoli? Let us know what you decide!

Personally I would go for something else as you already have a speedy in the 30. Recently I had the same problem, but I had a speedy 30, and wanted the speedy 25 B, for the crossbody, and the strap option, and also a smaller bag than my 30. After much thought, I decided against it, as I already had the speedy and why get another bag in the same design, when you can get a different bag in a different design and have more options, so in the end I got the Siena pm, and it's simply gorgeous, it can be handheld as well, and also crossbody with the adjustable detachable strap, and it was a different design. So it ticked all the boxes.

Hope that helps.

hi Bumbles, thank you for sharing your experience with me! :love:

i had the palermo for awhile, didn't really work out and she was given to my sister who loves her.

i know i don't really 'need' another bag, but... :sad:

I recently purchased two 25's - one in Mono and one in DE. I own 4 different 30's and I feel like they swallow me now so I know what you mean about them looking too big!. I am 5'2". Plus, the 25 size carries all of my essentials AND LV designed it for Audrey Hepburn! The mono 25 is SUCH an iconic bag so if you love it, you should buy it. If you want something a bit different, but handheld - maybe consider an Alama BB in Mono or a Tivoli? Let us know what you decide!

hi img, i saw your post in 'Nov purchases'!!
congrats on scoring both speedy 25s!

i was just contemplating to pm you to ask where did you find yr mono 25, she is in such fab condition.

thank you for understanding my yearning for a 25 :hugs:

Having two Speedys in the same canvas, especially similar is size, might be a little redundant IMHO, but then again this is your collection and if you feel that both would be used frequently then that alone would make it a good investment.
For variety, have you considered other mono top handle designs such as the Alma BB (similar size to a Speedy 25), Turenne PM, Montaigne BB, and Sac Plat PM?

hi img, i saw your post in 'Nov purchases'!!
congrats on scoring both speedy 25s!

i was just contemplating to pm you to ask where did you find yr mono 25, she is in such fab condition.

thank you for understanding my yearning for a 25 :hugs:

I got both of my Speedy 25's from Fashionphile!! They are in great condition and I was very happy with the prices!! I love the 25 size so much!! I know you might feel getting the 25 in mono is redundant, but if you love it, you should get it. It is a much different look than the Mono 30 B. You can use the 25 for everyday and you can use the 30 B when you travel or need to carry more things with you.

dear ladies, will you go ahead to get a Speedy 25 if you have the following;
- Speedy B30
- Pochette Metis
- Deauville

im leaning towards a handcarry bag & only love mono.
problem is, i find B30 is a little big to handcarry (perfect for shoulder or crossbody). for reference, im 5'1.

your advice please? :flowers:
I think Classic Speedy 25 is a beautiful, versatile bag, and if you love Speedy, I'd definitely add this to your collection! I recently sold my Classic Speedy 30 in DE because I felt it was a little too big for me and my needs, and I intend to purchase a Classic Speedy 25 in DE as a replacement. Speedy and Alma are my two LV favorite styles and I have several of each in different materials. Buy what you love and know you will carry!

Having two Speedys in the same canvas, especially similar is size, might be a little redundant IMHO, but then again this is your collection and if you feel that both would be used frequently then that alone would make it a good investment.
For variety, have you considered other mono top handle designs such as the Alma BB (similar size to a Speedy 25), Turenne PM, Montaigne BB, and Sac Plat PM?

hi Miss Krys, thank you for sharing your opinion ;)
i do agree - that's why im torn :sad:

my mum has the alma pm which i borrow occassionally, but feel it looks a little too structured? im not a fan of bags w/out zips too...

i'll go have a look at the turenne, great sugg!

I got both of my Speedy 25's from Fashionphile!! They are in great condition and I was very happy with the prices!! I love the 25 size so much!! I know you might feel getting the 25 in mono is redundant, but if you love it, you should get it. It is a much different look than the Mono 30 B. You can use the 25 for everyday and you can use the 30 B when you travel or need to carry more things with you.

i just visited Fashionphile but did not see a 25 in the condition as fab as yours. watching one in ebay though :lol:

yes, im thinking of alternating my current work bag with the 25 and use the 30 for wkends/travel. you read my mind!!

I think Classic Speedy 25 is a beautiful, versatile bag, and if you love Speedy, I'd definitely add this to your collection! I recently sold my Classic Speedy 30 in DE because I felt it was a little too big for me and my needs, and I intend to purchase a Classic Speedy 25 in DE as a replacement. Speedy and Alma are my two LV favorite styles and I have several of each in different materials. Buy what you love and know you will carry!

hi Havanese :smile:
im sure you will love your 25 when you get her.

i'll be keeping my B30 as she was gifted to me on my last birthday by DH. speedy is such a classic!!
some speedy collections here in tpf are gorgeous :faint: