advice and opinions....

How much I want it and how many are out there exactly like it. Supply and demand
I agree. From what I have seen lately, pre-owned Chanels seem to be oversaturating the market leading to lower pricing. The number of classic flaps I see for sale at the moment is eye-opening. IMO, there is too much stock versus demand for many of the classics and the prices reflect that. Look at sites like Yoogi's Closet to determine a fair asking price for the bag (if you were selling on your own). And then remember that they will deduct their seller's fee. You won't get what they have the bag listed for on the site as they have to make money too. They deal with the 'hassle' of selling the bag and deal with the 'bad' consumers, but they do it for a fee...sometimes a steep fee. You would likely make more money selling yourself but you will also have to deal with the hassle and the problems coming with selling to an unknown consumer (sometimes they will try to scam you out of your money by claiming the bag as a fake, etc). Don't expect to make anywhere near what the value of the bag is by going through a third party seller. You are taking a hit in the pocketbook for the convenience.

I agree. From what I have seen lately, pre-owned Chanels seem to be oversaturating the market leading to lower pricing. The number of classic flaps I see for sale at the moment is eye-opening. IMO, there is too much stock versus demand for many of the classics and the prices reflect that. Look at sites like Yoogi's Closet to determine a fair asking price for the bag (if you were selling on your own). And then remember that they will deduct their seller's fee. You won't get what they have the bag listed for on the site as they have to make money too. They deal with the 'hassle' of selling the bag and deal with the 'bad' consumers, but they do it for a fee...sometimes a steep fee. You would likely make more money selling yourself but you will also have to deal with the hassle and the problems coming with selling to an unknown consumer (sometimes they will try to scam you out of your money by claiming the bag as a fake, etc). Don't expect to make anywhere near what the value of the bag is by going through a third party seller. You are taking a hit in the pocketbook for the convenience.
Exactly why I buy exclusively pre owned. I get a bag that's in excellent condition for a fraction of the costs. And you're right, pre owned Chanel is cheaper now than it was just a few years ago!

Reactions: daisychainz
I shop around on the different resale websites and places like Ebay to compare prices before I make the decision on what something is worth. There are so many different ways to purchase a Chanel bag now that I do not even think of the brand as exclusive anymore, but something we can all get access to. There are such good Chanel bags and accessories for great value from secondary places it does not make financial sense to buy anything new. I will price an item at many places and over many weeks to get an idea of what it sells for and then decide if that price is okay for me.

Only one pre-owned chanel in my history but i would pay attention to a couple of things
- how much i want the bag
- condition vs current price
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
in the age of superfakes:
- reputation of the seller
- whether bag is authentic (by just looking and then authenticating here/paid service)

Reactions: Kendie26 and Vanana
The rarity if the bag is my main factor. I've been wanting to get a m/l black caviar (SHW or GHW) preowned and they are everywhere. So I decided to take my time and wait for one in excellent condition because eventually I'll find it. One day when I was browsing I came across this breathtaking pearly beige caviar (comes off with a definite pink undertone and was even listed as pink) m/l with brushed gold hardware. It made my heart sing. I knew if I didn't get it then I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to get another one so I jumped at it. I lucked out that tradesy was having a sale that day so that was a nice bonus!

Reactions: Kendie26 and Vanana
The rarity if the bag is my main factor. I've been wanting to get a m/l black caviar (SHW or GHW) preowned and they are everywhere. So I decided to take my time and wait for one in excellent condition because eventually I'll find it. One day when I was browsing I came across this breathtaking pearly beige caviar (comes off with a definite pink undertone and was even listed as pink) m/l with brushed gold hardware. It made my heart sing. I knew if I didn't get it then I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to get another one so I jumped at it. I lucked out that tradesy was having a sale that day so that was a nice bonus!
THAT is when I would go preowned vs new and pay a price above norm. The 2 times I did go preowned and paid although not exorbitant but would say higher than norm price for were for 2 rare and hard to find bags that showed up in like new/great condition. That’s when it was “worth” it for me too. I’ve seen that famous pearly gold beige on a slg once and yes it’s a gorgeous choice. You are lucky to come upon it and nice job grabbing it! Definitely one of those buy now think later so no regrets purchases! :tup:

Reactions: Kendie26
THAT is when I would go preowned vs new and pay a price above norm. The 2 times I did go preowned and paid although not exorbitant but would say higher than norm price for were for 2 rare and hard to find bags that showed up in like new/great condition. That’s when it was “worth” it for me too. I’ve seen that famous pearly gold beige on a slg once and yes it’s a gorgeous choice. You are lucky to come upon it and nice job grabbing it! Definitely one of those buy now think later so no regrets purchases! :tup:
When I told my husband I bought it I could see him start to get the "seriously?!" face. But once I explained the rarity factor, and that I honestly got a great deal for it, he totally understood. Esp after he saw it in person and saw my eyes like glow haha.

Reactions: Vanana
When I told my husband I bought it I could see him start to get the "seriously?!" face. But once I explained the rarity factor, and that I honestly got a great deal for it, he totally understood. Esp after he saw it in person and saw my eyes like glow haha.
His only reason for understanding is because he loves you and realized it made you happy - the right reason. Enjoy it!