Advice and opinions please!

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
Hi all,

While I know I should never have allowed beaver to subscribe me to the sofa this year... I did... So of course, I've fallen off. Already. Yes there it is I've said it. In my defence, I'm trying to find a job and looking for work while having TPF on in the background=(no jobs+temptation)+ cold weather=more bags

I think I'm a mathematical genius by looking at the above! Anyway, I was looking for the carter camera bag as I'd seen it in store and actually really liked it, and then sammiantha did a reveal so obviously I had to go and hunt one down.

Whilst doing the usual manic calling round outlets I came across one that was a "catwalk collection ltd ed" that I couldn't find any ref to anywhere. So I did what any "sane" TPFer would do and ordered it and the birds best (midnight sold out) to see which one would be best,...

They arrived today in a beautiful old school bag with lovely baubles on it!

image-2599470853.jpg

Anyway, after taking them both out, I'm torn.... The ltd edition isn't leather all over but some sort of nylon fabric. The reason I don't know what fabric is that there were no care tags in the bag! I called up and they had a look at the other bags and advised that NONE of them had care tags?!? Also, the hardware wasn't protected with plastic covering the way it was on the birdsnest. I mentioned this as well and as there are only a couple left they advised that it could be a display model. I'm ok with this but am a bit miffed I suppose!

Its more expensive than it's khaki coloured sister so my question is this- which of the 2 is more wearable in your opinions, and do you think the nylon fabric will be durable?? I wear a lot of dark colours, but do like bright bold, metallic colours as well (as if u didn't know!)

Here's some pics... Answers on a TPF postcard please...

Attachments

• image-2895653363.jpg
    image-2895653363.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 275
  • image-3423971368.jpg
    image-3423971368.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 280
  • image-2046899149.jpg
    image-2046899149.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 277
  • image-3953176644.jpg
    image-3953176644.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 283
  • image-1115917142.jpg
    image-1115917142.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 284
I don't know which is which but no contest for me. The darker, purply one is an outright winner. I'm not keen on anything resembling 'brown' or 'beige' though and I'm a pink/purple girl so a bit biased. :smile:

GillianAnnie said:
I don't know which is which but no contest for me. The darker, purply one is an outright winner. I'm not keen on anything resembling 'brown' or 'beige' though and I'm a pink/purple girl so a bit biased. :smile:

Oops yes sorry birds nest is the khaki colour, the other one is the ltd ed.... I'm the same as you- love pinky girly tones

Lncj said:
Definitely prefer the khaki one myself as it is full leather. Seems wrong to pay more for a nylon one?

Yes this is the other side of it/ I asked the SA why it was more expensive and she said it was the trimmings and hardware ie patent trimmings and gunmetal hardware- but I think she may have just been saying that!!!

I love the darker one! Love it. I'd want to find out more about it before keeping it though (hopefully Mo or one of the experts will know). No, actually, I think I'd keep it anyway!

Going by your growing Mulberry family, I'd say the special edition is the one for you. The birds' nest may be full leather, but if the colour does nothing for you then you won't wear her and will regret sending the sparkly girl back. Hopefully someone will know (Mo?!) what she's made of. Loving the "real, old-school" Mulberry carrier, btw, complete with gorgeous baubles!! :biggrin:

Plemont said:
I love the darker one! Love it. I'd want to find out more about it before keeping it though (hopefully Mo or one of the experts will know). No, actually, I think I'd keep it anyway!

You and I have very similar tastes! Funnily enough, I'd asked moo about it and she had never heard of it! That was part of the allure as I had to get the ONE mulberry bag moo didn't know about ;)

Heeheeheehee

Mayfly285 said:
Going by your growing Mulberry family, I'd say the special edition is the one for you. The birds' nest may be full leather, but if the colour does nothing for you then you won't wear her and will regret sending the sparkly girl back. Hopefully someone will know (Mo?!) what she's made of. Loving the "real, old-school" Mulberry carrier, btw, complete with gorgeous baubles!! :biggrin:
I'm thinking along same lines I think mayfly...

eye.spy87 said:
I'm loving the ltd ed one! My sort of colour. What do you think you'll get the most wear out of?

I think the ltd ed.. I'm not a khaki type person although this colour does look really nice on me- the photos don't do her justice