Advice about my floral city

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the Balenciaga forum and could use some advice. I have a gorgeous Coquelicot Japonaise floral print city that has never been out of its box. My husband bought this for me last summer as a gift - I pointed it out on the Balenciaga website never thinking he'd remember, much less buy it for me! Anyway, I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest and I've been too nervous about ruining it. Am I being too cautious? I wonder if I should have returned this in favor of a more sturdy leather version, but I felt a little guilty about returning such a thoughtful gift. Should I just get over it and use this awesome bag? Any thoughts?

IMG_1255.JPG

Your picture didn't show.

I'd say carry it and enjoy it since it is a gift from your DH. Floral print Bbag is an energetic color and should be able to cheer up in the rainy day. As matter of a fact, floral print are made mostly by fabric and would survive better than leather in rainy days.

I guess I never thought about fabric being better in rain than leather. I'll just have to use Scotch Guard and let my bag out of the box. Otherwise it could be the start of a B bag collection!

I've had my floral brief for about a year now and never had any problem carrying it. At first I was really being careful but I found the fabric is really good. I had to scotchguard it immediately when I got it and I only use it in the spring/summer. I say go use it esp that it was a gift from your DH.

Sorry about the unsuccessful first attempt at uploading a picture. I'm a little challenged in that regard.

I've bought scotch guard and I'll quit being so neurotic about my bag. :shame:

Attachments

• IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 116
^^

Hm, :thinking: I don't think it's her bag (?) The floral patterns don't match.

fashionvice: This bag is very pretty! If you're keeping it definitely pull her out and take her for a spin - especially with your DH around so he can feel good and watch you enjoy the very thoughtful gift he gave you! :tup:

Last edited:
Oh, I'd never sell my bag on ebay! My hubbie won big points for surprising me with my first Balenciaga so even if I only wear this inside the house the house, it's staying in the family! But I AM going to use it. It's supposed to be hot this week.

Mia Bella - you're right about wearing it with DH so he knows I appreciate the gift - and feel encouraged to surprise me again. :biggrin: