Adventure Travel

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm a huge fan of adventure travel vacations, and will be leaving on my 2nd one this Saturday (to Costa Rica). We will be biking, hiking, white water rafting, mountain biking, and zip-lining.
    A few years ago I went on another adventure vacation to the Galapagos Islands, where we kayaked, hiked, mountain biked, and went horseback riding. Both of my trips have been through a company called BikeHike, based in Canada. I think it's an amazing way to visit different countries. The lodgings are usually B&Bs in small towns, run by locals.

Has anyone else been on adventure travel vacations? If so, where to and through which company? Stories? Experiences? Would you do it again?

2. I know this thread is a little old but, i just came back from Costa Rica and i had SO much fun.. Are you back already?

I have also donde adventure in Venezuela and Brasil both are awesome destinies for it, la gran sabana, roraima, el amazonas, etc...

So, how did it go for you?

3. We have booked through iExplore before. They did a good job of making things go smoothly. We also worked with CC Africa (which recently changed their name to And Beyond). We have had good experiences with both.

4. while ours wasn't technically an adventure travel vacation, we did lots of that stuff during our two trips to costa rica :yes:
    lots of hiking, zip lines, exploring, etc. we really wanted to go canyoning and kayaking but there was a lot of rain so it was too dangerous :sad:

we did it all on our own; no tour company. ;)

5. A lot of my friends have done wilderness/adventure programs; however, they're all younger, so I don't know if they have adult programs or if they're solely teenage groups.
    The two I remember are Off The Beaten Path and Rustic Pathways.

6. I'm intrigued about adventure travel, but I need something for us wimpy/out-of-shape types! :P

7. Bumping this thread

Im looking to go to Costa Rica for my 40th....can u guys recommend what region to stay in..hotel..tours??TIA!

8. ^Jill, I just sent you a lengthy PM!

9. I totally forgot I started this thread!
    Costa Rica was great, my BF and I fell in love with it. The only thing I didn't love so much was the camping...it was my first time camping and I've come to realize that that isn't my favorite activity lol. But we did TONS of mountain biking, rafting, and ziplining.

I would love to do some kind of adventure trip in Brazil! I've been looking at one in Peru, too (Machu Picchu)...but I get really bad altitude sickness so I don't know if that one will ever actually happen! :sad: