Ads

Shelby33

I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Sep 12, 2015
I don't know if it's only me but everytime I try to scroll by the ads for Net-A-Porter or Sacs my phone just freezes for about a minute. Does this happen to anyone else when you are reading threads?

I have a new iPhone and a new iPad purchased during the summer and they are running the latest iOS 15. Whenever I am on tPF for more than 15 minutes or so, the back of both devices actually get hot to the touch. I suspect it has something to do with all the personalized ads trying to load. However I don’t have this problem on any other websites that are ad and graphic heavy. I completely respect the fact that tPF needs the support of ad revenue and I’m not questioning that. But it seems like something technically is off and tPF is overheating my devices and presumably damaging my batteries. Anyone have advice on how to alleviate this issue? Is there a change I should make in my iPhone/iPad settings @Vlad?

I have a new iPhone and a new iPad purchased during the summer and they are running the latest iOS 15. Whenever I am on tPF for more than 15 minutes or so, the back of both devices actually get hot to the touch. I suspect it has something to do with all the personalized ads trying to load. However I don’t have this problem on any other websites that are ad and graphic heavy. I completely respect the fact that tPF needs the support of ad revenue and I’m not questioning that. But it seems like something technically is off and tPF is overheating my devices and presumably damaging my batteries. Anyone have advice on how to alleviate this issue? Is there a change I should make in my iPhone/iPad settings @Vlad?

I have the same problem, everytime I browse through tpf my iphone overheats so quickly! Anyway to resolve this issue?

I just learned of a hotfix that addresses this very behavior. I have implemented it and your iOS devices should no longer be affected by this.

Reactions: Cosmopolitan