Adrenaline of finding a birkin

bodybump

Vixenn
Dec 4, 2007
Hi Ladies...most of the people here own maybe more than 1 Birkin...The first purchase must be the sweetest of them all...You finally GOT IT!!!! The adrenaline rush of having a "must have" bag is just exciting..:yahoo:...then you try to find the next one..and the next 2..3..4 and counting...then you learn the ropes on how to get one easy though friends or just having a good relationship with your SA...My question is..do you loose the Adrenaline rush of getting another Birkin after you have bought 1 after the other?...and knowing anytime you can get another of your choice? Some people might still have that problem how to get the "ultimate bag"...but is there a point when your SA calls you and tell you that we have the bag you looking for and you "PASS" on it? I just want to hear some thoughts...:smile::smile:

I just found my first birkin from a reseller, and to my horror realized how easily I was able to hand over the money for it :wacko: luckily it was very close to the new 2012 retail value, so it isn't THAT much more but still.. when did I started to think that paying €5k+ is ok for a handbag?!?! :faint: :lol: not (yet) thinking about buying another one, but I sure have this rock away from my chest that now it's kind of over.. should I start drooling over the exotic ones to be able to have something out of reach this time? :shocked:

:lol::lol: I can imagine...handing over that kind of money just getting it takes seconds...and to save it up again almost takes forever...but what do you think...lets say you get the 2nd and the 3rd and the 4th..will you loose the Adrenaline of getting the 5th and the 6th? or it will just be the same?

I just found my first birkin from a reseller, and to my horror realized how easily I was able to hand over the money for it :wacko: luckily it was very close to the new 2012 retail value, so it isn't THAT much more but still.. when did I started to think that paying €5k+ is ok for a handbag?!?! :faint: :lol: not (yet) thinking about buying another one, but I sure have this rock away from my chest that now it's kind of over.. should I start drooling over the exotic ones to be able to have something out of reach this time? :shocked:

but what do you think...lets say you get the 2nd and the 3rd and the 4th..will you loose the Adrenaline of getting the 5th and the 6th? or it will just be the same?

yeah for sure :Push: I think that's why all those celebrities continue buying the most extravagant bling bling things just to have something new. I would be bored if I only have one type of bags in my collection. Not - to say that there's anything wrong in it since people here have lots of birkins and kellys, but for me it would not just work. I bought two chanels in the same size within 6months and now they are pretty much normal bags for me and there's nothing special if I can see one at the store like most of the people would scream and tear their hair off just to get a new one :lol:

yeah for sure :Push: I think that's why all those celebrities continue buying the most extravagant bling bling things just to have something new. I would be bored if I only have one type of bags in my collection. Not - to say that there's anything wrong in it since people here have lots of birkins and kellys, but for me it would not just work. I bought two chanels in the same size within 6months and now they are pretty much normal bags for me and there's nothing special if I can see one at the store like most of the people would scream and tear their hair off just to get a new one :lol:

This is exactly what i thought...most celebs who graduated from the basic birkins go for the exotic ones...the harder to get even better...that makes th adrenaline of getting the birkin more exciting....but like what you said some of the ladies here who owns more than 3 or more probably look at their birkins as just ordinary bags...:biggrin::biggrin: Maybe ill just stick to 2 or maybe 3 max maybe NOT!! hahaahaah

I don't have a birkin yet but I'm in the process of saving and hoping to get one by years end. I am planning out the game plan to accomplish this mission. It seems like mission impossible sometimes. But I know for sure I will feel a high when I finally secure one and hand over my savings to get it. I swear an h addiction is like a drug!

I'm sure there's been a thread with stories of every situation possible. But as for loosing the rush, NEVER. The last one I got was right before Christmas (35 birkin in with PHW in bleu electrique). When the SA asked me to step to the back room while he got the bag, I was surprised others around me didn't turn around looking for the source of the drum beat as my heart was pounding so hard and loud. When he took it out of the dustbag, I didn't say a single word, as I wanted the moment to last. I slowly took the bag into my hands and took a big sniff of the leather. Then I handed over my credit card. As the SA was processed the transaction, I called my DH to tell him what he got me for Christmas. These feelings of euphoria happened with ever H bag I got. Getting the vert bangele was like love at first sight, and cupid's arrow hit me hard. I can keep going and describe the feeling behind every bag, but on the other hand, I must have turned down at least 10 birkins/kellys. Some I totally don't regret because I didn't like the color or skin, others I deeply regret and one in particular I had no choice but to it turn down. The DH gave me an ultimatum. It was between the kid's college funds or the bag. I paused just for a couple of seconds before answering. I did the responsible thing. But I still dream about the 35 black croc birkin with diamond encrusted hardware. That's the one that got away, but at least I had in in my hands.
Again, I don't know about the celebs or ultra wealthy, but for a suburban housewife (soccer/dance mom) like me, I LOVE my bags and I still have stars in my eyes when I look at them and wear them and think, I'm so lucky!

I got my first Birkin last year in NYC. I went into the store, looked at enamels, the girls were not friendly. Purchased a scarf and then went downstairs and asked for a Birkin. She went in the back and came out with one, 35 Gris T Togo. I bought it asap. It was so easy. I felt sick after I left the store, we went back to our hotel and my husband got very very drunk. LOL. I was in shell shock. I was happpy, then feeling guilty, then lucky.
I ended up selling it. I regret that to this day. I could of had my HG bag now! I just was not ready at the time I think. I had just purchased Chanel and it was too easy to get and I did not appriciate it at all I guess.

Hoping I get my SO soon!

Hi Ladies...most of the people here own maybe more than 1 Birkin...The first purchase must be the sweetest of them all...You finally GOT IT!!!! The adrenaline rush of having a "must have" bag is just exciting..:yahoo:...then you try to find the next one..and the next 2..3..4 and counting...then you learn the ropes on how to get one easy though friends or just having a good relationship with your SA...My question is..do you loose the Adrenaline rush of getting another Birkin after you have bought 1 after the other?...and knowing anytime you can get another of your choice? Some people might still have that problem how to get the "ultimate bag"...but is there a point when your SA calls you and tell you that we have the bag you looking for and you "PASS" on it? I just want to hear some thoughts...:smile::smile:
I have yet to get a Birkin but just the idea of it is a rush! For me, the nearest H store is over 5 HOURS AWAY-so I have to plan a wknd trip with the BF just to go to the store & HOPE there's a Birkin I love & one that the SA will be willing to sell to me....I've been ready to take the plunge since before Christmas but BF is an M.D. & works every other wknd....so we have to plan it perfectly. Blah. I envy those who have an H store near them....