Adorn me! Accessorise my Elgin..

Which wee friend for Oak Elgin?

• Red Horse

• Oak Horse

• Oak Cat

• Oak Daschund

• Red Daschund

• Oak Lobster

• Red Rooster ... Puh-KURRRRRKKK!!! hehe!

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Hi! I have the good fortune to be getting my sticky paws onto a pristine, carried-once Elgin in Oak Darwin. Ohhh yes, super happy, I be! I love making bags my own though, and since Mulberry make a gorgeous range of wee leather danglies it's only right I get one! Question is, which?

I'm mostly leaning towards a horsie or a rooster - I adore both, though the rooster might be a wee bit more me since I love chickens and sort of have a habit of making chicken noises sometimes. When I'm bored. And when noone's listening... BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME! The keyrings are important, very important, nothing else to talk about here - let's look at those!! :smash:

[/embarassing dorky weirdo admission] :Push:

Well I've been to the Mulberry site and done a bit of screen grabbage, plus a bit of cut-paste rearrangeage as they didn't fit all nicely together, and so have now a luffly picture of all the potential contenders. I guess the main contenders are red or oak Rooster or Horse.. or Lobster, or Daschund.. or Cat! :sweatdrop:

I adore the cat, but have plans on finding myself a Black Elgin at some point in the future, and will definitely need a black cat for it! :graucho:

Oh - and come to think of it, I have a Roxanne in Black Antique Glace coming that I could put moggy onto too! The matte cat would look neat against the Glace. I do worry about it's tail though..

So, black cat's in.. what do I get for my Oak Elgin? Oak Moggy, to match my black mog? Lobster, Daschund, Rooster or Nag? :shrugs:

Can't say I'm overly taken with Crocodile. Lobster doesn't come in red, and Rooster doesn't come in Oak.

2e0ionb.jpg

jt2lqr.jpg

2e0ionb.jpg

Great post Frankie - loving all the pics.

OK, since black cat is in anyway, I say a different model for Elgin. My personal pref. would be oak Lobster - there's just something deliciously quirky about that one!

However, out of your 2 main contenders, I have to confess, I'm a bit stuck. While I like the idea of a contrasting colour,ie, red rooster, I think I'd prefer it in oak? (not an option I know!!) So, maybe oak horsie?? Sorry, that's actually no help at all :shame: but I think that's cos I'd go for Lobby Lobster :okay: That's where my vote's gone anyway!

I would go with the red lobster,but you have'nt listed it as an option,I have one,and it looks fab on my stone colored Alfie,choc Roxy,or oak Elgin,it really stands out.Plus I put collinil on it,buffed it,and it has a super,rich glossy sheen to it now.I also think it looks great as an ugly thing on a gorgeous bag,very ironic!!

I do like contrasts though,so maybe why my vote went for the red rooster?? Can you not get a red lobster anymore??

The red rooster!! Sorry, but all I can think about when I see the horse is that scene in "The Godfather" with that man waking up in bed. I know, I am a real sicko!!

Red rooster! You seem to be leaning toward that, so I would go with that inclination. Plus its super cute, and red would contrast brilliantly with the oak.

The red rooster!! Sorry, but all I can think about when I see the horse is that scene in "The Godfather" with that man waking up in bed. I know, I am a real sicko!!

:wtf::lol::lol: Oh god Kroquet - I'm never going to be able to look at that keyring again now without thinking of that scene!!! Please tell me you don't have a gruesome memory about a rooster!!!! :nuts:

Hahhahahaaha!!!!! Too funny!! (loved that film tho!)
But def something red,I remember now how hard it was to find the small red cockroaches I did.So its gotta be the poultry vote from me!!!:tup:

No, roosters are ok in my book. No sicko memories or images! I rather like the dachsund, but since I don't have one, seems kind of silly to have that keyring. Always thought it would be funny to have one of those dogs and name it Stretch! The hearts are quite cute and that dangly ring is adorable, but the price is way too high! Yes, the rooster is the one!

No, roosters are ok in my book. No sicko memories or images! I rather like the dachsund, but since I don't have one, seems kind of silly to have that keyring. Always thought it would be funny to have one of those dogs and name it Stretch! The hearts are quite cute and that dangly ring is adorable, but the price is way too high! Yes, the rooster is the one!
:lol: