Adore Me with Messenger?

Fi B

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Hello ladies,

I've been enjoying my fuchsia Adore Me lately (purchased from the SS09 Sale) and am now thinking about another one in pewter.....

Do any of you have this style with the messenger strap? If so, where is it fixed and is it comfortable to wear? Any photos greatly appreciated!

My thanks and best wishes

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
I had an Adore Me once. I think it would have to be a fixed strap. I don't know how well it would work really. The shoulder strap of the bag doesn't exactly fold down easily as well, so I don't know if that would be an idea bag for a messenger strap.

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
I'd have to agree with Elizat. I have this style in Dk Purple Glossy but I can't imagine it with a messenger strap. With the position of the single strap, the messenger would probably have to be attached somewhere on either side. Not sure how long you would want your messenger strap either but I'm not sure this style would look good hanging low on the body. Just my two cents. I'd ask Jackie...

Fi B

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Thank you both!

I've been carrying my Adore Me all day today and I have to say, that I'm inclined to agree with you both. I'd even messed about with folding the strap inside - how mad was that!!

Back to the drawing board, I think. What I'm after is a bag that packs flat for holidays, so I'm thinking a SPM might work better.....

My thanks again and best wishes to you both

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Fi B - if you are looking for a bag that packs flat (and you don't need to carry the kitchen sink), then I'd suggest either the Surprise Me or the WTM Messenger. For me, the WTM edges it as it is slightly bigger. And they are available in Pewter at the moment...:graucho:

Fi B

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Just noticed what you've got on order - no wonder you're not thinking about the sale!! I'm really seriously considering this style - also in black - for the fall - so will be very interested to see yours - when's it due?

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Bonnie and I both ordered this bag in black pebbled and I know she has hers already - Bon! Where's that picture of the bag and how you have worked the messenger strap?

Mine is due the end of the year but now I'm a bit torn. I don't know whethter to stick with black pebbled or switch to black matte.

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
Bonnie and I both ordered this bag in black pebbled and I know she has hers already - Bon! Where's that picture of the bag and how you have worked the messenger strap?

Mine is due the end of the year but now I'm a bit torn. I don't know whethter to stick with black pebbled or switch to black matte.

I'd love to see what the bag looks like in pebbled leather.

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
VanB..the reason for me having this in the pebbled is mainly due to the durability. I don't know this model at all..a DIL got one in the thick leather Pony Black..and had there been an option with the Thick Black matte, I would have chosen this .IMHO..the mattes can make this bag a wee bit 'flimsy' with wear...I can make any bag look like a sack within a few weeks ;)..and with a smaller bag I would like it to hold up shape and looks..well, at least somewhat!

Taking pictures NOW! LOL!

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I included the red Fiamma WTMessenger so the size can be compared. It's not a teeny weeny bag..then a clutch will be more suitable, but it is a small bag w/ space to hold all essentials for an evening out..and with a funky look!

It's going to be my little Black bag:smile:

The shape of the bag is a bit distorted..I did not fill it properly! My excuse is I am going nuts here with two male dogs howling and yelling due to girls in heat:biggrin:

The attachment for a messengerstrap is IMO very discreet, so I chose this option as well.

But I think you get an idea....

Attachments

• P1010059.JPG
    P1010059.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P1010064.JPG
    P1010064.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 75

Fi B

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Bonnie, thanks for the pics and you haven't hi-jacked my thread - I did that all by myself!!

I really love your BM M - in fact your pics have convinced me that this will be by 2nd bag for the fall! I've been considering this style on and off for so long but haven't felt sure enough to commit - until today!

It looks like the perfect small black bag as an alternative to the LM Mini - only problem now is which black.....

Thanks for sharing - oh and I love the fiamma messenger too!