Adding a strap to a Alma PM

katiel00

May 29, 2014
Hello fellow TPF'ers! Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day so far. I have recently picked up a non-adjustable vachetta strap to use with my MC pochette since I love crossbodys. I was thinking about how it would look on an Alma PM? I think the Alma BB's are beautful, but they are too small for me. Has anyone done this? or how do you feel about it? TIA :smile:

Edit
*Should clarify, adding a vachetta strap to a mono alma*

I fell head over heels for the alma, but realised within a few days i needed the strap so went back and bought the mono one (only because it was cheaper than the vachetta one, £30 back in 2000 those were the days!) it's never been off my alma in the 14 years I've had it, they have the loops for a strap and look great with one.

yea, go for it! I was waiting to see your strap with your pochette, is it a narrow one like Eva’s strap or a little wider like SpeedyB?

I'm hoping to do a mini reveal/picture tonight. It's 1/2 an inch wide so I think its more like the Eva strap...

I tried to respond (quote) to everyone else but my computer was acting up.. thank you for your input! I think i'll go for it!! :woohoo:

I don't think I would carry my Epi Alma PM very much without the strap. Sometimes after work things pop up where I have to go shopping and I need that strap!

I think it will look great! ;)

Wait there are loops for a strap on an alma PM? I had ruled this bag out cause the SA told me it was hand carry only. is it only the mono? Or does the DE also have one?

Wait there are loops for a strap on an alma PM? I had ruled this bag out cause the SA told me it was hand carry only. is it only the mono? Or does the DE also have one?

I plan to buy on my birthday in 2 weeks the Alma pm ebene and yes it has loops to attach a strap. My SA said I can use my Bando strap so no need to buy a extra one. The new model pm now is gorgeous! All hardwares are shiny and quality made with protective studs at the bottom. I'm inlove with it.😍😍😍

The PM always had loops! I'm not sure about the other sizes. Although, some SA don't recommend straps for them I believe the loops are there for that exact options ;)