Adding a strap to a Alma PM

katiel00

May 29, 2014
California
Hello fellow TPF'ers! Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day so far. I have recently picked up a non-adjustable vachetta strap to use with my MC pochette since I love crossbodys. I was thinking about how it would look on an Alma PM? I think the Alma BB's are beautful, but they are too small for me. Has anyone done this? or how do you feel about it? TIA :smile:

Edit
*Should clarify, adding a vachetta strap to a mono alma*

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I use my strap on my epi alma all of the time. I rarely carried the bag before. Now it's a favorite. I love it

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
Jul 18, 2010
yea, go for it! I was waiting to see your strap with your pochette, is it a narrow one like Eva’s strap or a little wider like SpeedyB?

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
I fell head over heels for the alma, but realised within a few days i needed the strap so went back and bought the mono one (only because it was cheaper than the vachetta one, £30 back in 2000 those were the days!) it's never been off my alma in the 14 years I've had it, they have the loops for a strap and look great with one.

katiel00

May 29, 2014
California
yea, go for it! I was waiting to see your strap with your pochette, is it a narrow one like Eva’s strap or a little wider like SpeedyB?
I'm hoping to do a mini reveal/picture tonight. It's 1/2 an inch wide so I think its more like the Eva strap...

I tried to respond (quote) to everyone else but my computer was acting up.. thank you for your input! I think i'll go for it!! :woohoo:

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
Deep In The Heart of TX
I don't think I would carry my Epi Alma PM very much without the strap. Sometimes after work things pop up where I have to go shopping and I need that strap!

I think it will look great! ;)

LitGeek

Mar 3, 2013
Wait there are loops for a strap on an alma PM? I had ruled this bag out cause the SA told me it was hand carry only. is it only the mono? Or does the DE also have one?
All PM sizes now have them. I believe MM and GM do not and are hand carry only.

AnVic

Oct 23, 2012
Wait there are loops for a strap on an alma PM? I had ruled this bag out cause the SA told me it was hand carry only. is it only the mono? Or does the DE also have one?

I plan to buy on my birthday in 2 weeks the Alma pm ebene and yes it has loops to attach a strap. My SA said I can use my Bando strap so no need to buy a extra one. The new model pm now is gorgeous! All hardwares are shiny and quality made with protective studs at the bottom. I'm inlove with it.😍😍😍

TLO810

Jul 18, 2014
Florida
The PM always had loops! I'm not sure about the other sizes. Although, some SA don't recommend straps for them I believe the loops are there for that exact options ;)

RhondaE

In a LVoe Affair....
Jun 17, 2011
DMV
I use my strap on my epi alma all of the time. I rarely carried the bag before. Now it's a favorite. I love it
Can we get a mod shot of your epi with the strap please? I have one but I dont think a strap for my Amande is available anymore.

RhondaE

In a LVoe Affair....
Jun 17, 2011
DMV