Adding a new member to the family: CAT

He is so big and floofy! :nuts:

Thank you! She sent me a picture of him laying on her, and he is a pretty big boy :smile: He's going to need to lose some weight but I'll get him taken care of.

I stopped in at walmart on my way to work this morning and couldn't help but check out the cat aisle :biggrin: I bought him a toy that's a big circle with a ball in the center he can spin around (my old cat Nikki from when I was younger had one and LOVE it)

I can't wait to Sunday, I'm so anxious to meet him!! I've been wanting to adopt a cat for quite awhile now, but was going to hold off till atleast Summer time with just moving into our new house, but our paths just happen to cross :smile:

Hello Spike, you are are a totally gorgeous! :biggrin:

I don't have any advice for meeting with the dogs except let Spike feel at home first too (and with you too of course) let them get used to the scent of each other before they meet, then another time let them be next door without meeting but can hear and smell and eventually when they meet face to faces take your time and have a (if it goes wrong) escape plan for any party involved.

I would loved to hear how it goes.

Thanks for taking Spike in, you are as wonderful as he is (only probably not quit as furry) :hugs:

Went to Petsmart last night and got supplies. So the house is ready for him. I put the litter boxes up so that dogs can get used to them (even though one is in the pantry) I'll keep you all updated :smile:
Have a great weekend!!!

Spike is home! He did great on the car ride home, but I know he's very stressed. We confined him to 1 of the bedrooms, with a bed, the carrier he came home in, litter box and food an water. Anyone have experience introducing an older cat to dogs? I'm stressing out already worrying that it isn't going to work

Congrats on the new addition!

Don't stress out, it will work out fine. :smile: Keeping him in his own space is a good idea. This will give him time to relax a bit and get used to his new surroundings. As for introductions, maybe something with the smells of your dogs (a blanket) in his room so he can get used to them would be helpful. Letting them smell each other under the door is also something that can be done. Then, maybe you leave the door open with the baby gate up so they can see one another. Next step could be letting him out with the dogs and see how things go. You will be there to supervise so if anything does go wrong you will be able to intervene.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Congrats on the new addition!

Don't stress out, it will work out fine. :smile: Keeping him in his own space is a good idea. This will give him time to relax a bit and get used to his new surroundings. As for introductions, maybe something with the smells of your dogs (a blanket) in his room so he can get used to them would be helpful. Letting them smell each other under the door is also something that can be done. Then, maybe you leave the door open with the baby gate up so they can see one another. Next step could be letting him out with the dogs and see how things go. You will be there to supervise so if anything does go wrong you will be able to intervene.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you! I check on him every so often, I took one of my dogs blankets up and laid it on the bed with him, came up later to check on him again and he was laying on it all sprawled our! He growls when we go in the room but when we sit down and pet him he nudges us for more pets :smile: he's a sweet boy but so over weight :/

he's gorgeous! looks like he's settling in just fine, at least in his own room.

i highly suggest fresh step cat litter if you're looking for a clumping kind. I used tidy cats for years and fresh step is so much better. if you have access to someone with a sam's club membership they have 42lb bags of it for $13. otherwise a $25 box of it is about $10 at target/walmart.

Such a handsome fellow. Just more of him to love!

he's gorgeous! looks like he's settling in just fine, at least in his own room.

i highly suggest fresh step cat litter if you're looking for a clumping kind. I used tidy cats for years and fresh step is so much better. if you have access to someone with a sam's club membership they have 42lb bags of it for $13. otherwise a $25 box of it is about $10 at target/walmart.

Just curious, what is better about it? I have been getting TC from Costco for years. I forgot to pick some up last time out and ended up with Petsmart's brand. It clumps all right..........in the paws! One of the cats had it up in all four and I had a tussle of a time trying to get it out. With 4 cats I go through litter quickly and it is on the shopping list again this week.

Just curious, what is better about it? I have been getting TC from Costco for years. I forgot to pick some up last time out and ended up with Petsmart's brand. It clumps all right..........in the paws! One of the cats had it up in all four and I had a tussle of a time trying to get it out. With 4 cats I go through litter quickly and it is on the shopping list again this week.

i just think it clumps WAY better than tidy cats. and I used TC for many many years and I can't even remember why I tried fresh step once. maybe it was cheaper than TC on sale?? not really sure.. but ever since the first time I bought it, I haven't gone back.

i just think it clumps WAY better than tidy cats. and I used TC for many many years and I can't even remember why I tried fresh step once. maybe it was cheaper than TC on sale?? not really sure.. but ever since the first time I bought it, I haven't gone back.

I'll see if it is on sale anywhere. Thanks!

Another update. I bought a feliway from work, plugged it in last night! My fiancé and I went and bought a set of clippers and trimmed spikes belly bc his stomach was filled with Matts! He didn't like it at all, but I'm sure he feels so much better! I even had his medical records transferred to my work, the previous owner told me he was up to date on all his vaccines, but after getting hiss records and double checking with his previous vet, he has never had any vaccines!!!! So I have him set up for an appt for next Wednesday to get a check up, blood work, vaccines.

I'm glad I found him bc he will be taken much better care of now!

He's doing great otherwise, really has warmed up to fiancé and I, still haven't introduced him to the dogs yet, but he's eating and using the litter box

LOL at myself...........I have actually been buying Scoop Away all these years and never knew it . :shame:

Another update. I bought a feliway from work, plugged it in last night! My fiancé and I went and bought a set of clippers and trimmed spikes belly bc his stomach was filled with Matts! He didn't like it at all, but I'm sure he feels so much better! I even had his medical records transferred to my work, the previous owner told me he was up to date on all his vaccines, but after getting hiss records and double checking with his previous vet, he has never had any vaccines!!!! So I have him set up for an appt for next Wednesday to get a check up, blood work, vaccines.

I'm glad I found him bc he will be taken much better care of now!

He's doing great otherwise, really has warmed up to fiancé and I, still haven't introduced him to the dogs yet, but he's eating and using the litter box

Awwwwwww what a good home your floofy boy has now!