Adding a Little Memphis to a Non-Memphis Bag!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
So I was playing around today and decided to give the Memphis Pouchette a chance to work as a wallet (I've been seriously thinking about returning it). Like all other memphis bags, the pouchette comes with three tassels on the front which is just a little too many when you're going to use it inside of another bag. One of the tassels is single, while the other two are connected on one strap, so I decided to take off the double tassels & just leave one connected. So now, what to do with the two tassels I removed?? They're too pretty to just put away inside of the sleeper in the storage box!!

So I decided why not attach them to the bag I'm carrying!! It just so happened that I'm using my Mercer EW Tote in grey. The colors of the tassels would match perfectly!! I tried them on the O-rings at first, but didn't like that. So then I thought why not attach them the same way they're attached to the Stam?!

The results?

Attachments

• memphis 015.JPG
    memphis 015.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 36
  • memphis 016.JPG
    memphis 016.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 156
  • memphis 018.JPG
    memphis 018.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 39
  • memphis 021.JPG
    memphis 021.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 159
attachment.php
attachment.php

you know -- anyone can really do this (even non-memphis owners!!)
there are tasseled key rings this season (you can see one of them in shop's Spy pics from HK!!)

Attachments

• charms3.jpg
    charms3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 35
How neat! When I was in a dept. store (I forget which one), they had experimented with the tassles as well - they put them on the side hardware of a bag instead of in the front loop. It looked quite nice!