adding a hole to Galliera strap

Nov 4, 2008
Has anyone here done this to their Galliera? I feel that the strap has room for another hole? I tried searching couldn't find anything on it..
I am scared to do it thinking of taking it to a leather shop or something.

Any tips or tricks or even pictures would be wonderful! thanks in advance.

I know some have added holes to Eva strap but haven't read about the Galliera. I would myself try to avoid adding holes because of lowering the resale value and LV may not like it either if repair is needed.

LV won't add a hole in the strap - I've asked. But they did add an extra snap for me on a snap belt. It most likely has to do with how it will affect the overall look of the bag depending on how it was finished. For straps, the holes are punched in the leather prior to the stitching around the edges being put in, so adding a hole after would not result in the same look because the leather isn't the same as when the original holes were punched. Adding the snaps was probably a non-issue because there is no stitching on the leather, so it's the same as when the other snaps were added.

Not sure if this makes sense the way I typed it, but basically, if you absolutely want another hole, then you will need to find someone to do it and you should know that a) the hole will look different than the others and affect the strap, and b) LV will not repair any item that was altered by someone else.