ADD Down Jackets/Coats

tulip8

O.G.
Feb 7, 2010
Does anyone own an Add Down Jacket? I was wondering if you could comment on the quality, warmth, etc because I am thinking of purchasing one and want to know if they are worth the price.

TIA!! :biggrin:

I do! I like it a lot and the quality I dare say is quite comparable to my Moncler jacket. I wear it all the time and it is very warm and stylish. I receive lots of compliments!

Personally, I find that ADD is much lighter than Moncler (but just as warm!). I wear my Moncler more than my ADD jacket but it's more of a preference than the quality-the moncler is much more fitted. :smile:

I love Add Down coats!! I have 4 of them and I receive compliments on them all the time. One of them is about 4 years old and has held up beautifully and looks brand new even after I've washed and dried them at home multiple times.

They do run small though so I suggest you try them on first though so you know your correct size.

I love them too. I have also washed and dried mine at home and it still looks brand new. Very lightweight but also very warm. I get compliments all the time when I wear mine. I highly recommend them!

I do! I like it a lot and the quality I dare say is quite comparable to my Moncler jacket. I wear it all the time and it is very warm and stylish. I receive lots of compliments!

All the above comments are the reason that Moncler considers ADD a serious threat. (Industry insider information).

We sell the kids version of both which are both taken from the adult line and while we still sell the Moncler better despite the prohobitive cost I believe its on account of status more than fashion. (But i do think the moncler is higher quality at least in the kids production)

^ that is really interesting, thank you for posting! My ADD down coat was quite expensive, relatively to the others, I believe maybe $650 or so but it was still 50% less than my similar Moncler one (knee length, fur hood, etc)

^ that is really interesting, thank you for posting! My ADD down coat was quite expensive, relatively to the others, I believe maybe $650 or so but it was still 50% less than my similar Moncler one (knee length, fur hood, etc)

Did your ADD have a fur hood? The fur contributes significantly to the cost.

Thank you all for your replies! I was looking at one on the Bloomies website, but I was confused about sizing. I am usually a size small, but sometimes XS in coats, in certain brands like Marc New York, which tends to run big.

The Add Down sizes were like 40, 42, etc. I think I would be best off going into the store to try them on.

Moncler coats are beautiful, but right now I can't really afford one. Love the look, though!

I have one from at least 4-5 years ago. I bought it when I lived on the east coast and I still wear it when I go back. I think I wore it at least a season or 2 before we moved and it held up nicely. I don't own a Moncler so I can't compare but I do think my ADD jacket is warm and lightweight at the same time. The style I have is on the more casual sporty side and I would alternate between it and a long wool Mackage during the winter when I lived in NJ.

If I recall, I got mine at Atrium in NYC