adasa.com - is it for real?

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
i just bought an isabella fiore bag from adasa.com and now i don't know if it's authentic. the one on neimanmarcus.com looks different, but it may just be the winter version of the bag (which is what i'm thinking, since it JUST became available via neiman marcus, it wasn't there last week) - i don't know. adasa looked legit and the bag i recieved is indeed quite high-quality, this is just kinda freaking me out. thanks!
 

meme

Member
Oct 30, 2005
233
0
NY
which fiore bag did you get amanda? and for the record, I think adasa is reputable as evidenced by the reviews posted on the site.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
i got the whip flash audra, and before i started looking around, i had absolutely zero suspicions about adasa. i'm really just starting to think that their website has the fall audra and neimans just got in the winter one or something like that.
 

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
13,404
324
Somewhere shopping
If you are able can you post pictures of the one you received from adasa i can attepmt to help. In the past few months i've bought 6 isabella fiore bags and feel I could probably tell. Three of them are from the whipflash line (I have two Alexias in bronze and brown, and an audra in brown)

Hopefully i can help. I think the company is legit though. I beleive they have a store in Hawaii
 

meme

Member
Oct 30, 2005
233
0
NY
out of the bunch, the whipflash audra would be my choice too. love the color too.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
this is the picture off the website, but it's exactly the same as the bag i recieved:

the bag on the neiman marcus website that is getting me all bent out of shape is this one:


as you can tell, they're very similar, and they're both identified as whip flash medium hobos, but the leather is different, the zipper tassles are different, and there's a different number of edge rivets. since i never suspected adasa of being faux before yesterday, and i can usually tell, i really just think maybe i have the fall version and this is the winter version (like i said, neiman marcus just added it in the past few days). additionally, all the ones going for $400 on ebay look like mine. so i dunno. i figured y'all would be the people to ask, though.
 

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
13,404
324
Somewhere shopping
amanda said:
this is the picture off the website, but it's exactly the same as the bag i recieved:

the bag on the neiman marcus website that is getting me all bent out of shape is this one:


as you can tell, they're very similar, and they're both identified as whip flash medium hobos, but the leather is different, the zipper tassles are different, and there's a different number of edge rivets. since i never suspected adasa of being faux before yesterday, and i can usually tell, i really just think maybe i have the fall version and this is the winter version (like i said, neiman marcus just added it in the past few days). additionally, all the ones going for $400 on ebay look like mine. so i dunno. i figured y'all would be the people to ask, though.
I have one one that looks like the adasa picture. I think you're right about the fall and winter versions. That would probably explain it. I bought mine from Saks. Personally i don't think I would want the version with that big tag in the middle. And the tassles on the first picture have way more character.

Enjoy your bag. Its authentic I'm sure.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Iluvbags said:
I have one one that looks like the adasa picture. I think you're right about the fall and winter versions. That would probably explain it. I bought mine from Saks. Personally i don't think I would want the version with that big tag in the middle. And the tassles on the first picture have way more character.

Enjoy your bag. Its authentic I'm sure.
well i'm very glad to hear that. like you said, i actually like my bag a whoooole lot more than the one neiman's has, particularly the type of leather and the tassles, i just didn't want to pay $400 for something that was other than what it was supposed to be.
 

chemlex

Member
Sep 13, 2005
743
1
Okay, I am quite certain that Adasa is authentic.

But, just because you buy something from a reputable store doesn't mean it is always authentic - WHY?

Dishonest buyers will purchase a real bag from a store, and then return a fake bag. I have heard this happen at a couple stores - TJ Maxx, and Ashford.com.

Some stores are now having to enact a new policy where they put a special tag on designer items in order to ensure it's the item sold - when you remove this tag you can't make a return. It really adds to the hassle of buying a great purse, and I hate the thieves who make this policy possible.
 

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
10,948
69
California
chemlex said:
Okay, I am quite certain that Adasa is authentic.

But, just because you buy something from a reputable store doesn't mean it is always authentic - WHY?

Dishonest buyers will purchase a real bag from a store, and then return a fake bag. I have heard this happen at a couple stores - TJ Maxx, and Ashford.com.

Some stores are now having to enact a new policy where they put a special tag on designer items in order to ensure it's the item sold - when you remove this tag you can't make a return. It really adds to the hassle of buying a great purse, and I hate the thieves who make this policy possible.

THAT is so mess up... can't believe the nerve of people these days!! To return a FAKE bag? ::sigh:: :sad2: