Actor Christian Bale goes on profanity laced rant (audio) *graphic language*

^That's really disappointing, because he's one of my favorite actors. What is with these really great actors that are jerks? Russell Crowe and now Christian Bale. I know they're great actors, but come on, it's acting, it's not saving the world.

Ok, well hopefully he learns his lesson after he has to deal with the MASSIVE fallout over this.

He clearly has issues. Like other people said, it would maybe have been acceptable as an embarassing loss of control if it only went on for 30 seconds, but to go on any more... that just has nothing to do with anyone else and alot to do with him and how he deals with anger. It was actually pretty funny (and super confusing) how he kept repeating you're a nice guy you're a nice guy in a really angry voice. WTF. This is just some other issues COMPLETELY erupted over this totally unrelated thing. I won't go as far as to say that this proves that he HIT anyone at some other time, but it certainly makes it 100% believable that he yelled at them enough for them to be scared.

But honestly, the WORST part of all of this, is that all the other people there did not stand up against this more. I don't mean like - yeah, lets have a fight. No, but the director could have at least PRETENDED not to be scared of him. Jesus. At least a curt - enough! THIS isn't professional would have cut it. People only become controlling divas if the people around them allow it.

Hey ladies, do a search on youtube for "Bale Out: RevoLucian's Christian Bale Remix"

Warning, it is a TECHNO MIX of his rant, profanity and all :roflmfao:

Listen at home- away from the office and innocent ears :lol:

Tangerine, I agree. I thought the falling out with his mother and sister was maybe them overreacting, since there was no physical violence involved and the timing just seemed coincidentally close to the Dark Knight coming out. But know that we know of this, it helps us understand the mom and sister's side more.

He has always been my favourite actor, I think he is just the most handsome man ever so it is so disappointing to have heard this. He is clearly incredibly self centered. I thought Bryce was the man who walked through? That was apologising, not a girl?:confused1:He definitely has issues!

Also, I just heard tonight on the radio that the "Bryce" he is referring to in the rant is Bryce Dallas Howard, Ron Howard's actress-daughter.

Ok I don't want to listen to it again, but can you explain how he refers to her? I didn't make the connection...

I could have sworn he called someone Bryce, then also in another instance he called someone else Bruce... two diff people or am I hearing things?

Here's a transcript of the rant that I've edited for profanity:

Christian Bale: KICK YOUR F**** A--!

Shane Hurlbut: Christian, Christian –

Bale: I want you off the f**** set you p*****

Shane: Christian, I'm sorry.

Bale: No, don't just be sorry, think for one f****** second. What the F--- are you DOING ? Are you professional or not?

Shane: Yes I am.

Bale: Do I f---- walk around and rip down –

Bruce Franklin: Christian, Christian –

Bale: No, shut the f--- up Bruce! Do I want - no! No! Don't shut me up.

Franklin: I'm not shutting you up.

Bale: Am I going to walk around and rip your f---- lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the f--- are you walking right through? Ah da da dah, like this in the background. What the f---- is it with you? What don't you f----- understand?

Shane: (inaudilbe)

Bale: You got any f---- idea about, hey, it's f---- distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the f---- scene? Give me a f---- answer! What don't you get about it?

Shane: I was looking at the light.

Bale: Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was f--- good, because it's useless now, isn't it?

Shane: Ok.

Bale: F---sake man, you're amateur. McG, you got f--- something to say to this p----?

McG: I didn't see it happen.

Bale: Well, somebody should be f---- watching and keeping an eye on him.

McG: Fair enough.

Bale: It's the second time that he doesn't give a F--- about what is going on in front of the camera, alright? I'm trying to f---- do a scene here, and I am going "Why the f--- is Shane walking in there? What is he doing there?" Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that?

Shane: I absolutely apologize. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything by it.

Bale: Stay off the f----- set man. For f---- sake. Alright, let's go again.

McG: Let's just take a minute.

Bale: Let's not take a f---- minute, let's go again. And have YOU f---- walking in! Can I have Tom put this on please.

Franklin: Can I have Tom in wardrobe please? Can I have Tom in wardrobe?

Bale: You're unbelievable, you're un-f---believable. Number of times you're strolling-a-f----ing around in the background. I've never had a DP behave like this. Ehhh…you don't f---- understand what it's like working with actors, that's what that is.

Shane: No, that's –

Bale: That's what that is man, I'm telling you. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. You wouldn't have done that otherwise!!

Shane: No, what it is, is looking at the light and making sure, that you are, ugh –

Bale: I'M GOING TO F----ING KICK YOUR F-----ING A-- IF YOU DON'T SHUT FOR A SECOND! ALRIGHT?!!!

Unknowns: Christian, Christian. It's cool.

Bale: I'm going to go…Do you want me to f----- go trash your lights? DO YOU WANT ME TO F----- TRASH YOUR? Then why are you trashing my scene?

Shane: I'm not trying to trash your scene.

Bale: You are trashing my scene!

Shane: Christian, I was only –

Bale: You do it one more f----- time and I ain't walking on this set if you're still hired. I'm f---- serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't f----- cut it when you're b---- and f---- around like this on set.

McG: Alright, I know, let's, let's — (inaudible) –

Bale: Yeah, you might get it. He doesn't f---- get it.

McG: I got it, I know. I get it. I get it. I know.

Bale: You might. He. Does. Not. Get It.

McG: We made good adjustments. For real, honestly. I get it. Just walk for five seconds.

Bale: No, I don't need any f----- walking. He needs to stop walking.

McG: I get that –

Bale: I ain't the one walking. Let's get Tom and put this back on and let's go again. Seriously man, you and me, we're f---- done professionally. F---- a--.

Last edited:
Also, I just heard tonight on the radio that the "Bryce" he is referring to in the rant is Bryce Dallas Howard, Ron Howard's actress-daughter. That makes me even more sick... I won't go into details but I have met Bryce's siblings and they could not be NICER or more down to earth/unspoiled people. I have to wonder what it must be like to work with someone who is such a rageaholic as Bale clearly is :blink:

Mr Roo and I were also talking about this earlier and he said, "Well, I'm sure Russell Crowe is relieved, he's now moved down a notch to the SECOND biggest a-hole in Hollywood" :lol:

i think he says "Bruce", which is the name of the AD.

wow, he has the nerve to question someone else's professionalism.:wtf:

lol, my exact thought.

i don't know if this alone can "prove" that he is guilty of hitting his mom and sister.

all it proves is that he can be extremely unprofessional on set.

and it's not like he was going off on just anyone (not like it would matter, a lowly PA deserves the same respect as the director), but he was ranting at the DP! (cinematographer). the DP is second only to the AD in terms of importance when it comes to on set hierarchy.

he might have had a bad day, or been really keyed up from an emotional scene, or was having an especially good take and the DP messed it up. fine, he's got a right to be angry. but should it warrant such disrespect on his part? he could've pulled the director aside and aired his grievances quietly, then had the director speak to the DP. that's what a professional would've done.

and McG, the director, was acting such a p*ssy, about it, he seemed afraid to tell christian to chill!

i love the guy as an actor... but geez. i never wanted to believe these stories of "stars" and their diva behavior. this is unreal. i hope he learned never to act that way again.

This publicist..... haha OMG. He/ she is probably seriously considering jumping off of a bridge right now. I'm sure Christian's ranting is NOTHING compared to what he is gonna get from his publicist. TOUCHE, friendo. You've got it coming.

Maybe he'll learn. Hopefully. Sometimes, theres nothing like hearing yourself (literally, on tape) saying something to realize how horrible it sounds.

alright, i think i got this straight.

his beef is with shane. that's shane hurlbut, the DP.

in there is bruce franklin, who is the first AD, assistant director.

mcg cuts in there, he's the director.

i think it makes sense that he says "bruce", not bryce, since bryce is the actress and isn't involved in the altercation. bruce is, he's trying to dalm bale down, as is mcg.

if the director and AD couldn't control him.. what are they afraid of.... pissing him off? :roflmfao:

Salvation full credits

OT: i can not believe the amount of writers on this thing. and you'd better bet there are more who are uncredited :wtf:

lol, my exact thought.

i don't know if this alone can "prove" that he is guilty of hitting his mom and sister.

all it proves is that he can be extremely unprofessional on set.

and it's not like he was going off on just anyone (not like it would matter, a lowly PA deserves the same respect as the director), but he was ranting at the DP! (cinematographer). the DP is second only to the AD in terms of importance when it comes to on set hierarchy.

he might have had a bad day, or been really keyed up from an emotional scene, or was having an especially good take and the DP messed it up. fine, he's got a right to be angry. but should it warrant such disrespect on his part? he could've pulled the director aside and aired his grievances quietly, then had the director speak to the DP. that's what a professional would've done.

and McG, the director, was acting such a p*ssy, about it, he seemed afraid to tell christian to chill!

i love the guy as an actor... but geez. i never wanted to believe these stories of "stars" and their diva behavior. this is unreal. i hope he learned never to act that way again.

His mom and sister didn't say he hit them. They accused him of verbal assault (or something similar sounding). He wasn't accused of hitting them.