Actor Andrew Koenig Missing in Vancouver...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Actor Andrew Koenig Missing in Vancouver

Police ask for help in locating actor Andrew Koenig, last seen in Vancouver

VANCOUVER, British Columbia February 21, 2010 (AP)

Police are asking for the public's help in locating actor Andrew Koenig, who had a recurring role on the 1980s sitcom "Growing Pains."

Vancouver police say Koenig was visiting friends in West Vancouver when he went missing. He was last seen on Feb. 14.

A statement released by the police department says Koenig "has recently been despondent and his family and friends are concerned for his well-being."

Koenig, 41, lives in Venice, Calif., but at one time lived in Vancouver. He is the son of Walter Koenig, who played Chekov on the "Star Trek" television series and movies.

On "Growing Pains" Koenig played Boner, a pal of star Kirk Cameron's character Mike.

* I really hope he is ok and that they find him soon. I remember this show very well and enjoyed watching it.

2. Former 'Growing Pains' actor reported missing in Canada

Andrew Koenig.

Related
    EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Koenig's sister talks to zap2it.com
    February 21, 2010 | 1:01 p.m.

Andrew Koenig, the actor and comedian best known for playing Richard "Boner" Stabone in "Growing Pains" is missing; he was last seen in Vancouver, Canada, on Sun. Feb. 14, reports Zap2it.com.

"He went up to [Vancouver] to visit friends who last saw him on the 14th," the actor's sister Danielle Koenig tells Zap2it. "Any information we can get on his whereabouts would be helpful."

Zap2it also has reported that Sarah Silverman, Alyssa Milano, Dave Holmes and other celebrities have been tweeting and blogging for information leading to the whereabouts of the actor.

VH1's "Best Week Ever" star Doug Benson tweeted: "On a serious note, my buddy Andrew Koenig was last seen in Vancouver on Feb 14. If anybody knows where he is send me a message."

Radio host Jesse Thorn posted additional details about Koenig's disappearance on his blog: "[Andrew Koenig] Didn't make his flight back to the US on 2/16. The Vancouver Police are involved, and lots of people are looking."

TMZ.com reports that Walter and Judy Koenig, the missing actor's parents, say the last time they heard from their son was on Feb. 9 and that he was "not doing good." They've learned that his phone is turned off and the last time he received a text was Feb. 16 (two days after his disappearance). They've also confirmed that he was last seen in a bakery in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver. Koenig's parents believe the police are doing a good job and say they're making arrangements to fly into Vancouver within the next few days, TMZ reports.

Also, Andrew Koenig's friend and partner on several projects, Lance Miccio, told TMZ that he last saw Andrew Koenig two weeks ago when the "Growing Pains" star said he "was not going to work anymore." Miccio also confirmed with TMZ that Andrew Koenig was "suffering from depression."

Koenig's family asks that anyone with information to contact Detective Raymond Payette of the Vancouver Police Department at 604-717-2534.

* Here is more info...

3. I hope he is found and okay.

4. I hope that he turns up alive and well. I loved him as "Boner" on Growing Pains!

5. I remember Boner! Wow, I hope he is safe.

6. this is pretty sad. i wonder what his post-marked letter to his parents said.
    not sounding too good, but i hope it turns out well.

i'll be on the look out for a long-haired man in vancouver.. we don't have TOO many of them here

7. I hope he is found alive and well. I remember Boner from Growing Pains! He was hilarious!!!

8. Yes he was, and by coincidence, I happened to catch an old episode of Growing Pains last night. I hope they find him!

9. This is really sad, hope he is found soon.

10. Wow! I hope he is found soon! Keep us posted please!

11. I had not realized that this was the man who played Chekov on the original Star Trek's son. I am not familiar with Andrew Koenig himself, but I definitely know Walter Koenig. This is terribly sad, and I really hope he is found - alive and healthy - soon.

12. Oh no, so sad.

13. Rip.

14. Vancouver Police find body that may be Andrew Koenig
    Feb. 25, 2010, 6:49 PM EST
    By Josh Dickey
    TheWrap.com

Vancouver police have found a body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig.

The body was discovered midday Thursday in a park, according to a police statement. Andrew, who played Richard "Boner" Stabbone on the hit show, went missing on Valentine's Day.

His grieving parents, including original "Star Trek" star Walter Koenig, were scheduled to be on "Larry King Live" Wednesday night, but abruptly left for reasons that weren't entirely explained.

Police scheduled a news conference for 5 p.m. Pacific time.

Koenig, of Venice, Calif., was visiting friends in Vancouver when he went missing. Earlier this week, police in Vancouver said they had evidence that indicates Koenig is alive and "lying low."

Vancouver police Constable Tim Fanning said there has been no activity on Koenig's cell phone or bank records since Feb. 16. Fanning also said that Koenig loved Stanley Park, a 1,000-acre, thickly forested location, which had been searched thoroughly before Thursday's discovery.

Here's the text of the police release:

PRESS CONFERENCE

5:00 P.M.

VANCOUVER POLICE MOUNTED STABLES

STANLEY PARK

Vancouver - Vancouver Police are investigating the discovery of a body found in Stanley Park around noon today. The body is believed to be that of Andrew Koenig.

More details will be confirmed at a press conference being held at 5:00 today, in which the Koenig family will be present, and the information will be posted on our website at vpd.ca under Media Releases at that time.