Actor Alec Baldwin

shanam

62 is the new 40 LOL
Aug 15, 2006
What kind of jerk father is he??? Disgusting but hardly surprising given his past behavior.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/alec_baldwin_rushed_to_hospital_PsxWYUJMOPgd793Lvgut5N

Emmy Award-winning actor Alec Baldwin was taken to a Manhattan hospital early today after his teenage daughter frantically called 911, claiming that he had taken sleeping pills following a heated fight with her, sources said.
While the 12:10 a.m. call came in as a “possible alcohol or drug overdose,” sources told The Post that Baldwin never swallowed sleeping pills and had only threatened to do so.
The “30 Rock” actor, who lives on Central Park West, was released from Lenox Hill Hospital shortly after 1 a.m., according to sources.
“This was a misunderstanding on one person’s part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he’s completely fine and will be at work today,” said Baldwin's spokesman Matthew Hiltzik.

see more Videos

It remains unclear what the arguement was about, although this is not the first time Baldwin and his daughter, 14-year-old Ireland, have sparred.
In 2007, Baldwin blamed a bitter custody battle with ex-wife, actress Kim Basinger, in part for the anger he was feeling when he berated their daughter in a phone message later leaked to reporters.
In the voicemail, Baldwin called Ireland, who was 11 at the time, a “rude, thoughtless little pig.”
Baldwin left the message after Ireland had failed to pick up the phone.
He later apologized to his daughter, saying the message had "horrified” him.
In his book, “A Promise to Ourselves,” Baldwin blasted the California family court system and offered dad advice based on his own experience with divorce litigation.
Baldwin, 51, who is currently co-starring with Meryl Streep and Steve Martin in the movie "It's Complicated," is slated to co-host the Academy Awards with Martin next month.
Baldwin, who split with Basinger in 2000, won his second straight Emmy Award as lead actor in a comedy for “30 Rock” last year.
Last month, he and co-star Tina Fey won the Screen Actors Guild Award for best acting in a comedy series. He was also awarded a Golden Globe Award for best actor in a TV series, comedy or musical for his role in the popular NBC sit-com.
Baldwin, a no-show at last month's Golden Globes in Los Angeles, was instead in Canada helping his favorite environmental charity, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Waterkeeper Alliance, raise funds.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...hospital_PsxWYUJMOPgd793Lvgut5N#ixzz0fFQGT6OZ

It always surprises me how he has such a successful career and is so liked and respected in Hollywood and then he does these crazy seemingly out of character things. He's lucky that his daughter wants anything to do with him at this point.

ugh, he is mental :sad: I don't mean that in a mean judgemental way, I mean he truly, CLEARLY has major emotional/mental problems and should not be left alone w/ his child anymore.
I thought he was a d!ck when he left those VM messages but then I assumed he just had anger issues. . . it goes WAAAAAY past that.
How sad :s

I am not defending his behavior because I don't know the whole story, but if you read Baldwin's book you will see he's been dealing with parental alienation syndrome for years.

I would like to see info about how all this went down. Kids can be manipulated in a variety of ways. His ex has been trying to get custody away from him for years. Having personal experience with this type of alienation, it is not beyond the realm for me that Baldwin's daughter was told to make that call by Mom and/or made to think she is not 'safe' with him. It is extremely typical for the alienating parent to stage situations that make it appear that visitation with the other parent is not safe. This is a bit of a red flag for me since the daughter was in Baldwin's home at the time of this incident.

But who knows, maybe he is really just a giant d-bag...

Last edited:
I am not defending his behavior because I don't know the whole story, but if you read Baldwin's book you will see he's been dealing with parental alienation syndrome for years.

I would like to see info about how all this went down. Kids can be manipulated in a variety of ways. His ex has been trying to get custody away from him for years. Having personal experience with this type of alienation, it is not beyond the realm for me that Baldwin's daughter was told to make that call by Mom and/or made to think she is not 'safe' with him. It is extremely typical for the alienating parent to stage situations that make it appear that visitation with the other parent is not safe. This is a bit of a red flag for me since the daughter was in Baldwin's home at the time of this incident.

But who knows, maybe he is really just a giant d-bag...

I've never read his book - did he determine he was dealing with it or did someone else?? If I'm understanding that website correctly he would be implying that Kim is alienating their daughter from Alec correct??

To be honest I think the daughter would do best removed from BOTH homes. Clearly Kim and Alec have way too much anger with each other to leave their daughter out of it. Even if he is dealing with PAS he should have more self control than to call his daughter a selfish, little pig. I understand everyone has a snapping point but it seems he should be directing that anger at Kim, not his daughter.