activas or lapono's

sara999

RIP Daddy...
O.G.
Nov 28, 2007
Okay so I need some advice ladies! I am gearing up to make my first CL purchase (omg! It only took me 6 months!) and I am unsure what to do. You know how much I love the activas and have done so ever since I started coming to this subforum. BUT I have found a new love…the lapono’s. So what should I do? I can buy the activas or I can buy the lapono’s, I can’t do both. The price difference isn’t that big. But I’m actually leaning toward the lapono’s since I can wear them with suits and trousers and skirts and they will be useable in the workplace where as…the beautiful flirty strappy activas aren’t really appropriate with my business suit. I think I’ve made my decision to go for the lapono’s but I don’t know. Am I making the wrong choice?

perhaps for your first pair get the more practical ones and in this case it would be the lapono's since you could wear them to work and with different outfits.

Sara, I know that you have wanted the activas for a long time so go with your first true love. I think that the Lapanos are beautiful but I fear that they might be too much of a trend, whereas the activas are beautiful and classic.

OMG!! I'm so excited for you Sara, it's like I'm getting a pair myself. You're so active on this thread and love Loubous so much already. Since you love the Activas so much and have wanted them for so long I think you should go with them. I noticed when I was reading your post that you used 2 adjectives (beautiful, flirty) to describe the Activas and none to describe the appropriate Laponos. Don't be practical now. Get what will make you happiest i.e. the Activas. (I had the same thing occur with me, I liked the Decollete Zeppa's practicality and versatility but LUUUUUVED the Foxtrots. I went with the Foxtrots (actually got them on sale) and soon after got the Decollete.)

PS. Don't just post them in the Pics of you Louboutins thread. Do a whole separate thread when you get them with lots of modeling pics. You've wanted these for a long time.

First of all, I have to commend you for being able to hold out as long as you have! Secondly, I commend you for having a clear idea on what you want. Being in this subforum exposes you to wide range of styles and can make one's head spin with indecision. Each of your choices serves a different purpose in your wardrobe. The Laponos are very practical with a sexy edge and sounds like you would wear them often. Do you think you can handle their break in period? On the other hand, the Activas are more comfortable. Something pretty and elegant with a little flirtiness to them. They would feel more special, more of a gift to me.

I know whichever one you chose will be a great reward for all of your hard work. You deserve it Sara.

^ykw, after reading other repsonses i think the OP's have a valid point. the activas could be your "special shoe" when you want to look/feel sexy and not practical. ;)

I vote for Laponos as you could get more wear out of it. and they are beautiful. I had Activas also, but returned them as they don't look as good on me as others:sad: HTHs

Congrats on getting your first pair!

okay i think i will go with the activas since i love them sooo much and save up for maybe the lapono's second because they can be practical and business-y!

i love you ladies, thank you for helping me decide. i'll know for sure what happens on wednesday (after i get paid!) and i'll keep you guys in the loop for sure :heart:

Sara, I know that you have wanted the activas for a long time so go with your first true love. I think that the Lapanos are beautiful but I fear that they might be too much of a trend, whereas the activas are beautiful and classic.
I agree with Kamilla on this one. Personally I dont think the Lapanos are a classic shoe...the Activas are a bit funky, but wont go out of style for a long time. If your looking for a bootie or something you can wear at work & to play, go for the Decollete. I really dont think you will be happy until you get your Activas.