Acrylics, gel, silk wraps...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What's the difference?

I've gotten acrylics a couple times before and after I take them off my nails are always thin and fragile. Are there any better alternatives?

2. I do the silk wrap because I dont want thick acrylic nails. The silk wraps are thinner and look real as opposed to having acrylics. I used to be a nail biter until 2 years ago and I finally stopped and let them grow, but the damage was already done to the nail bed so it was silk wrap for me all the way faithfully every 2 weeks.

3. Not sure what the difference is...I used to have pink and white tips, but had them taken off...I horseback ride, so it was too much of a pain!!LOL

Now I have natural, very short nails, and get a manicure 1x a week:smile:

4. I use solar nails (better known as pink and whites) they are great if you want keep a french. Not recommend for color polish.

5. i had the pink and whites for two weeks.
    total waste of money imo.
    now i have paper thin nails that break really easily. :sad:

6. I have had pink and whites for about 2 years...get the gel, they are way less harsh on your nails than the acrylic chemical.

7. I have gel nails and a great tech. I think the person doing your nails makes all the difference.

8. I heard gel and solar are the same...and I polish mine, no problem.

9. I do gel. They last longer. The shine stays on for days.

10. Gels - not thick & look great all the time!