Across The Atlantic We Go!

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
After being majorly disappointed by the revision of the Petite Malle, I decided (or at least I thought) that I was not going to buy one. I had passed on the opportunity to purchase one, not once, but twice. However, I'll admit, it never left my mind.

As time passed, I discovered that there were several different editions released that were not bought for the US market. Boy, was I happy that I waited! After doing extensive research, I finally found THE ONE. It took my breath away at first glance and I just had to have it. The only problem was the bag was only exclusively made for France. What is a girl to do?

Tra-la-la! Enter DH. After seeing me overly obsessed with stalking the French Louis Vuitton website, he took it upon himself to book us two roundtrip flights to spend a weekend in Paris to search for my THE ONE. Keeping in mind that I did not have a reservation for this bag (which was told to be completely sold out), I wandered the streets of Paris searching for it. And finally, the final stop at the mothership. I had a VIC appointment set up for other purchases that I had intended to make, but after going through 3 Louis Vuitton boutiques prior, I had basically given up. Enter monsieur Julien, a very funny and lovely sales associate. He hinted that he had one left on reserve but the client was not sure and he could not release the item. I went about my appointment, a bit heartbroken, but since I am here, I might as well make the best of it. Everything went flawlessly, as usual. At the very end of the appointment, as DH and I were enjoying our champagne and macarons, while waiting for the merchandises to be wrapped, Julien appeared once more. He was carrying a small, box-shaped item. He looked at me, smiled, and said, "I believe this one was meant to travel to the United States".

And it did.

So here is the fall Parisian haul (minus a few other goodies):

Attachments

• DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 1,040
And the star of my trip:

Attachments

• DSC00042.jpg
    DSC00042.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • DSC00038.jpg
    DSC00038.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 1,031
  • DSC00041.jpg
    DSC00041.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 1,021
We were also given these lovely, limited edition card holders, one for each of us (DH and I), as gifts, as Louis Vuitton celebrates its 100th year anniversary.

Attachments

• DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 1,021
And closing this reveal with a beautiful shot I took of the City of Lights.

Thanks everyone for letting me share my excitement!

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Congrats on your new bag and the rest of your haul. What a great husband you have. And I love the closing shot you posted. Enjoy!

Lucky gal! Look at all of those beautiful brown boxes and then gorgeous chanel boxes on top of it.:faint:
Congratulations on such a big haul, along with a wonderful weekend getaway, how wonderful for you.

What a wonderful story (and pictures to boot!)

It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised, and to have a wonderful SA that makes it so much better! The mothership store is so pretty and I was lucky enough to go there this September.

Congrats on your haul and the PM! Oh... and good job DH :tup: :woohoo: