Acne?

interesting. I just ordered some argan oil soap hoping that would help my skin sensitivity issues and acne. If that doesn't work, then I need to try this next!

Oooh, with the winter weather drying up my skin (even more so since I use benzoyl peroxide on my face), I'm definitely purchasing some of this. I've always had sensitive skin so I'm considering using this on my body as well to combat dryness and itchiness.

It would be perfect if it came in a bottle though, not only for the convenience since I share a bathroom with my two older siblings, but I could also imagine the bar soap melting over time and building up on a soap dish. But I'm willing to take a chance anyway, let's see how this goes! I'll come back here to follow up with a review.

hi!
I have some different thinking about acne. It is chronic disease which takes some time for completly removal. Home remedies and natural treatment are the best way to get rid of this problem. [FONT=&quot]Acne is one of the most common problems which are commonly seen in teenagers and adults. You have so many treatments option for curing acne effectively but it totally depends on your cases. Acne is generally last to your adulthood. It is better option for you to always connect with any dermatologist. [/FONT] Some of the topical acne treatment include: Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, Sulfur, Resorcinol etc.

StayClassy.....I use a regular soap bar holder and the soap does not get mushy AT ALL like regular store bought bar soap does. It gets nice and firm again and dry within 10 minutes of using it......NO mushiness at all. I was worried about this too ;)

Is this something that should/could be used in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide, or is the BP just too harsh that I should drop it altogether? I've been on the acne.org regimen for 6 months now and have grown so used to it, I feel that the BP has been keeping me clear and I'm a little scared of letting go of it at this time, especially since the holidays are around the corner and I'd HATE to experience the goat milk's "purging" period (where I guess the skin "detoxifies" itself after long-term use of harsh products) near Christmas.

If anything, I'm thinking of gradually weening my use of BP by applying more of a conservative amount and probably just using it once a day when I start using goat milk soap.

StayClassy.....I use a regular soap bar holder and the soap does not get mushy AT ALL like regular store bought bar soap does. It gets nice and firm again and dry within 10 minutes of using it......NO mushiness at all. I was worried about this too ;)
Good to hear! It would be a waste if it just mushed up on a soap dish. Thanks for the relief. :smile:

I agree that going natural after overusing harsh chemicals can really do wonders for acne.

I had the worst year last year in acne, then I switched from a harsh Neurtrogena to a gentle Amore Pacific, and now my skin really has calmed down. Maybe I'll give this a try too! I used to use these types of soaps for my body, but never for my face~

Yay! So happy many of you ladies responded to this. It is worth a try. My face looks much better. I still use my Ace spot treatment at night time. I can't wait to hear more reviews!

Stay Classy.....I went from Obagi (Just about the most "chemical" program out there) to just this soap and I have had NO skin purging or any breakouts at all.....I would not worry too much :biggrin:

Alright so I stopped by a local health food store yesterday and picked up some of this.

I've only been using it for a day so it's too soon for a review, but I have to say - it's nice having a simpler routine of just washing my face, gently patting it dry and lotioning it up. I was getting REALLY sick of washing my face, patting it dry, applying benzoyl peroxide, washing my hands to avoid bleaching fabrics I'd touch, waiting at least 15 minutes for the BP to dry completely, and then applying lotion. I've been following the acne.org regimen for 6 months and while it has helped my skin, it's a little too tedious and time-consuming.

Stay Classy.....I went from Obagi (Just about the most "chemical" program out there) to just this soap and I have had NO skin purging or any breakouts at all.....I would not worry too much :biggrin:
Well that's a relief, I hope my skin reacts the same way. :smile:

Last edited:
My Derm just started me on a 4/1 INOVA box... and that started to work so she upped it to a 8/2 INOVA box, day and night application pads and RetinA to work on my acne. I think it might do the trick, I'll keep everyone posted!

Been using it since my post on December 9th, my acne looks to have gotten slightly worse, though I'll owe that to having had a pre-menstrual breakout last week along with my skin adjusting to the absence of benzoyl peroxide. I'll give it another month or so, and if there's no progress, I may have to throw the BP back into my regimen. :\