Acne/pimples around the chin

summerxoxo

Nov 9, 2011
Im 22 and As stated above I have got regular pimples around My chin area. There seems to be congested pores only around this area, any idea why? I use makeup daily with primer. My skin is combination skin.

There could be a variety of reasons why... Could be a reaction to the products you are using on your face: face wash, moisturizer, primer, foundation, powder, dirty makeup brushes... I don't know if you do but if you use a phone and it touches your chin. Even touching your face can cause acne. It could be a medication. The possibilies are endless.

almost all break outs around the chin/jawline area are caused by hormones. they could pop up due to stress, if your about to get your period, or if you recently stopped/started a new birth control. so blame your hormones, not your face products on those breakouts:smile:

Hi! Thanks for the replies! Haha honestly I have zero stress and im happily in :heart: with my bf.. If there's any hormones it's all the happy ones.. Oh man.. I really wish to get rid of those tiny red spots On my chin

Hi! Thanks for the replies! Haha honestly I have zero stress and im happily in :heart: with my bf.. If there's any hormones it's all the happy ones.. Oh man.. I really wish to get rid of those tiny red spots On my chin

I have cystic acne really small white spots there and they don't go away and started at around 21 or so.. doctor says caffeine, choc, etc. But chin is all hormone based usually.

Im 22 and As stated above I have got regular pimples around My chin area. There seems to be congested pores only around this area, any idea why? I use makeup daily with primer. My skin is combination skin.

it could be from your cell phone. make sure to wipe down your cell phone with alcohol regularly.

When I get pimples I get them around the chin too. Very interesting to know it's hormonal. I had my hormones checked a couple months though (because I get anxiety/depression at certain times during my cycle) and everything was fine. The pimples definitely got worse when I came off birth control.

Yes, hormones and also what you eat can contribute to it. You might want to go to a naturopathic doctor and ask for a food allergy test. My friend did that and found out that a lot of stuff she enjoyed eating caused her the acne/pimples. She was quite bummed. She had to cut them out. And her skin did improve. I didn't know I was allergic to milk and yogurt until I was like 19. I always wondered why I would break out in the chin/mouth area after having a bowl of cereal or some yogurt.

hormones have nothing to do with whether you are happy or not. BCP, zinc pills, vit d pills, spirolacutane (sp?) can all help.

Thanks ladies for all the replies! For a moment I tot it was the Lancôme genifique i was using or the sk2 essence. I will definitely look into all the possible solutions provided here.

I have to agree that usually a couple of days before my period I get pimples popping out from no where! Just had them so much! All those whiteheads an blackheads..