Acne + Big Pores = Laser or Peel??? Advice Please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I never suffered the teenage acne thing, but as I near 30 my face is breaking out all of the time. I have tried every product under the sun. Either the products make it worse, don't work, or only work for a few weeks.

I am really starting to feel badly. Each month my face errupts in ugliness. My pores are huge. I am not any medication of any sort. I am a redhead with pale skin, I take good care of myself. This seriously sucks.

I have made an appointment with a plastic surgeon that speciailzes in skin- lasers and peels. Has anyone else tried one of these methods? Did it work?

I would rather did one big procedure vs six mini ones. Money is always an issues, most bang for buck. Thanks in advance- Trisha

2. I think you made a wise choice going to see a plastic surgeon. I went to a dermatologist for years and she didn't have the level of expertise that my new PS has.

I get the chemical peels at her office about every 4 -6 weeks. She does not offer laser treatments, however, I used to get them at my dermatologist's office. I honestly don't know if one is better than the other, but I now have lovely skin. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.