Ack! I just bought a vintage Kelly!

Birdonce

Jul 28, 2014
I had NO plans to buy one for several years (and actually had my new SA looking for a Lindy for me) but on HauteLook a vintage black box GHW 32 Kelly came up that was from my birth year. The price was amazing (even for one that will definitely need a *long* visit at the spa) and while I was able to hold off initially, once I realized the significance of the year, I had to buy it!

I expected DH to be mad since we are just starting home renovations and should be saving all the money for that, but he was very understanding.

My first H purchase was just two weeks ago and now I'll have the most beautiful bag!

Because of its vintage, it doesn't have a shoulder strap, but I actually don't like the looks of those much anyway on the Kelly.

I'm in that sort of stunned/thrilled/nervous place. I didn't even eat my lunch (and my assistant got ticked at me for shopping over lunch instead of putting in orders in a timely fashion)

In the UK they take the bag and the SA fills in a form stating the type of bag, condition and what repairs they think need undertaken. It then gets sent back to Paris (I am in the UK so different in other countries). A few weeks later I get a call from my SA to say Paris have looked at the bag and they tell me the repairs they think it needs and the costs. I can accept in full of select the things I think are a priority. I approve the repairs then hey presto, a few weeks/months later by bag reappears all sorted.

Good luck with your Kelly.

Congratulations on your new vintage Kelly! A Kelly that's the same age as you..that's a tough one to pass up. Just take it to the store and ask for a cleaning and conditioning, plus any specific areas you want addressed.

Thanks!

Here is my future baby:
14860561164_bdea9151e7_b.jpg

Congrats on your K! She's beautiful! Look at the patina. When you have time, check out Docride's leather care thread under Hermes Reference Library for how to care for box leather so you can be sure to keep her in tip top shape after the spa. Enjoy! :biggrin: