ACK!!!!!!! Help please!!! Whiskey Gigi got caught in the rain!

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Help Coachies!

I am SO STUPID! I really wanted to wear my Whiskey Gigi today, and this morning it was overcast, so I should have NEVER taken out my Gigi, but I stupidly did and I got caught in a misty rain. I had an umbrella, but she got wet and now there are spots. It feels like it's dry, but will they ever go away??? I did put some Apple Conditioner on the bag right after I got it, so will this help at all? What should I do? Is Whiskey Gigi forever spotted?:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Thanks in advance:heart:

my whiskey Leigh got really wet in a totally unexpected downpour, dab it dry, don't rub!!! the spots went mostly away in about 3 days and the little marks left i was able to rub out with my thumb. Im sure your Gigi will be just fine!!

According to the Coach company policy, owners who are this negligent of their stunning Gigis must send them to me ASAP. LOL.

Have you read the new policy, it should be returned to Crylater3:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

LA dont be sad, I know it will dry off and wont leave any stains, coach leather is amazing, much better than LV vachetta. My friend has a legacy too and it got super wet once we dropped a glass of water in it, it did not leave any stains or anything like that, besides the appleguard should help too. :hugs: sweety your bag will be fine.

Don't worry. I have taken my whiskey Mandy into a torrential downpour and once it dried completely, the spots went away. It may take a couple of days.
I had a similar experience with my Whiskey Mandy. I was in the rain with an umbrella and the back half of my bag got wet. I got inside, saw it, and panicked! I think I even let out a little 'yelp'! So when I left I decided to let the entire bag get wet (crazy I know) thinking that when it dried, it would dry evenly. Luckily, that's exactly what happened and you can't tell it was ever wet.

Since you previously used Apple, just put it aside and let it completely dry. It can take a couple of days for all of the moisture to go away. Then re-assess it in a couple of days and consider re-Apple-ing it once dry.

I hope she turns out OK, Gigi is a beautiful bag!!!:heart:

I haven't got my whiskey gigi wet but I imagine the spots will dry and disappear. I got my chocolate ergo caught in the rain and the spots made it look horrible and I was scared but a few hours later they dried and I cannot tell that it ever happened! I think that only the clay gigi gets permanent water spots.

Have you read the new policy, it should be returned to Crylater3:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

LA dont be sad, I know it will dry off and wont leave any stains, coach leather is amazing, much better than LV vachetta. My friend has a legacy too and it got super wet once we dropped a glass of water in it, it did not leave any stains or anything like that, besides the appleguard should help too. :hugs: sweety your bag will be fine.
Whew! THat's good to know!!!! Thanks so much Crylater!:hugs:

I had a similar experience with my Whiskey Mandy. I was in the rain with an umbrella and the back half of my bag got wet. I got inside, saw it, and panicked! I think I even let out a little 'yelp'! So when I left I decided to let the entire bag get wet (crazy I know) thinking that when it dried, it would dry evenly. Luckily, that's exactly what happened and you can't tell it was ever wet.

Since you previously used Apple, just put it aside and let it completely dry. It can take a couple of days for all of the moisture to go away. Then re-assess it in a couple of days and consider re-Apple-ing it once dry.

I hope she turns out OK, Gigi is a beautiful bag!!!:heart:
Thanks!!! She is starting to dry, the spots are slowly disappearing. I think I could Apple the rest out later. I'd still wear her though, this bag is just amazing...:heart: Thanks again, coachgrl!

I haven't got my whiskey gigi wet but I imagine the spots will dry and disappear. I got my chocolate ergo caught in the rain and the spots made it look horrible and I was scared but a few hours later they dried and I cannot tell that it ever happened! I think that only the clay gigi gets permanent water spots.
Thanks, Oops! I am glad your Ergo turned out okay. I'll just have to be patient and see if the spots go away completely!