Accused of carrying a fake bag. Wth!

jiffer

O.G.
Dec 20, 2009
I was in the LV store in my local Saks today and I can honestly say I had the worst service I have ever had in a LV store. The guy was a total ass. I went in looking to buy 3 bags and walked out buying nothing. The SA was snotty and looked down his nose at me. One of the bags I wanted to buy was a Pallas in Pink. He said they have it in Rosa. I told him I was looking for the pink color which Is much brighter. He said oh you want the poppy color from last season. I told him no the color listed online is called pink. He told me that color doesn't exist.

So I pulled out my phone and went to LV website so I can show him the bag. He said to me if you are going to our website no need because I know the website forwards and backwards. I told him if that's the case you would know that they offer the bag in a color called pink. I showed him the picture and he said that's last season poppy. At this point I had enough of him and with him being an *******. I told him I think I'm going to pass on buying the other 2 bags (which they did have). This is when it got ugly. He had nerve to question if the LV bag I was carrying was authentic. He asked me where did I get that my bag because that bag in red was hard to come by in the stores in the USA and he hoped I bought it from a licenced LV store because he would hate to see me get ripped off. Wth! I know it's authentic because I bought it from the LV store in london heathrow airport. At this point I was pissed and told him I didn't come to his store to be treated like that and i don't carry fake bags. At this point my husband was seeing me getting more and more angry (which Is so unlike me) and told me let's go before you lose your temper and get us kicked out of here. I did leave and as I walked out of the store I heard him say to the other SA I hate when ppl try telling how to do my job. I know the product line. Ugg!!!! Im thinking about calling corporate office about him but I doubt it will do any good.

I was in the LV store in my local Saks today and I can honestly say I had the worst service I have ever had in a LV store. The guy was a total ass. I went in looking to buy 3 bags and walked out buying nothing. The SA was snotty and looked down his nose at me. One of the bags I wanted to buy was a Pallas in Pink. He said they have it in Rosa. I told him I was looking for the pink color which Is much brighter. He said oh you want the poppy color from last season. I told him no the color listed online is called pink. He told me that color doesn't exist.

So I pulled out my phone and went to LV website so I can show him the bag. He said to me if you are going to our website no need because I know the website forwards and backwards. I told him if that's the case you would know that they offer the bag in a color called pink. I showed him the picture and he said that's last season poppy. At this point I had enough of him and with him being an *******. I told him I think I'm going to pass on buying the other 2 bags (which they did have). This is when it got ugly. He had nerve to question if the LV bag I was carrying was authentic. He asked me where did I get that my bag because that bag in red was hard to come by in the stores in the USA and he hoped I bought it from a licenced LV store because he would hate to see me get ripped off. Wth! I know it's authentic because I bought it from the LV store in london heathrow airport. At this point I was pissed and told him I didn't come to his store to be treated like that and i don't carry fake bags. At this point my husband was seeing me getting more and more angry (which Is so unlike me) and told me let's go before you lose your temper and get us kicked out of here. I did leave and as I walked out of the store I heard him say to the other SA I hate when ppl try telling how to do my job. I know the product line. Ugg!!!! Im thinking about calling corporate office about him but I doubt it will do any good.

Certainly would be having a conversation with the store manager where he works as well as writing a letter/phone call to LV as well as SFA corporate.
( I think LV is a leased department in SFA, but the employees might be hired by SFA)
The dialogue on his end was totally unacceptable, unprofessional & inappropriate.
If he turned you off can just imagine how many other clients might be feeling as you did.
No client deserves to feel the way you did.. it'simply wrong & management needs to know, IMO

Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through that! This guy has no idea how to be a professional sales associate. How rude and inconsiderate!!

I do think that issues brought to the corp office, or even to the store manager does make a difference. One time I wrote to my CA's manager and my CA got my feedback almost instantly (I raved about her services). So it seems to me that they do get the feedback and it seems worth making a comment.

Best of luck to you and I hope you don't come across a guy like that again!

Wow, that's absolutely terrible.

Definitely bring this up to the store manager and to corporate. Feedback really matters to them, because I've gotten thanked for leaving good reviews.

ETA: reviews everywhere on social media get responses too. I've reviewed boutiques and got a response as well.

Last edited:
Coorporate would absolutely do something. I was speaking with customer service one time and complimented my SA that I use. I later found out coorporate had contacted her store manager and at their staff meeting had brought up my positive exchange to their attention. They apparently do keep tabs on that stuff. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Omg I've read stories about crappy SAs before but my goodness what an a**! I would've, right there and then, asked to speak with a manager or someone higher up. The nerve! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with him...crazy bc where I work (also retail), I would be thankful to deal with such a pleasant customer...they are few and far between.

Reactions: Cicci783
Following because that's a pretty outrageous story. I definitely think you should get it resolved.

This SA doesn't seem knowledgeable at all or even willing to help. I think the color you are talking about may also be called Fizzy, but he didn't even know that.

Also, how are these two colors the same??
IMG_1491175885.544782.jpg
IMG_1491175903.267216.jpg

I just don't understand why people who act like that work in customer service. I worked in food service for nearly three years and the best part was the customers. My boss sucked and that's why I quit, but before that I loved working in service because of the people.

Now that you have vented on here. Take a moment to think about what will make you feel better. If it's calling a manager, then do so. But don't waste your time doing it simply because you feel like that's what you're supposed to do. Do what makes you feel good. Don't return to that store again. Leave a Yelp review. Call the manager. Call the district manager. Realize he's a douche and move on. Whatever will bring you peace about that.

Following because that's a pretty outrageous story. I definitely think you should get it resolved.

This SA doesn't seem knowledgeable at all or even willing to help. I think the color you are talking about may also be called Fizzy, but he didn't even know that.

Also, how are these two colors the same??
View attachment 3654796
View attachment 3654798

I just don't understand why people who act like that work in customer service. I worked in food service for nearly three years and the best part was the customers. My boss sucked and that's why I quit, but before that I loved working in service because of the people.
Totally agree. This sort of behavior has never made sense to me. I've worked in so many customer service jobs while in college, from Steak and Shake to Best Buy to Olive Garden, and I would never dream of acting this rude to any customer, even if they were wrong (which OP is clearly not). What is there to be gained by being like this?

I would email a complaint to the shop manager and to LV themselves. He is in dire need of some customer training & an attitude extraction. I would of spoken to the store manager that day telling them you are filling a complaint to LV HQ.

I have had similar experiences at the LV store closest to me. Usually I know exactly which purse or accessory (style number, color) I'm interested in. Most of the time I have friendly SA's that help. (I don't work with a regular SA). But here and there I do get a few bad apples. For me it puts a sour taste in my mouth. I get so excited going to LV because I don't always get to see everything in person. Kinda ruins the mood when someone can be indifferent or rude. I have gone in with every intention of purchasing items but when I get subpar treatment I walk out with no LV in hand either. :sad: I am loyal and stick with LV simply because I love the brand and try to overlook bad customer service.

Additionally, every time I have gone into Hermes or Neiman Marcus to browse I have always had very friendly and helpful SA's. They all have a genuine demeanor about them. Sadly, I can't always say the same for the SA's at LV (and there is a high turn over at my location too).

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
OMG! I feel your anger! I know LV doesn't provide the best customer service amongst all the brands, but this!?
Did u get his name? If it's me, I would actually go back to the store, ask to see the manager directly. Tell her about his lack of product knowledge, his attitude when questioned, and his audacity to insult customers when he didn't have the knowledge whether to authenticate a bag or not. And his comments to other SA as you were leaving. All these points are enough to affect his performance appraisal.
Getting angry is one thing. Getting even is another. But make sure you say in a logical and calm manner so that you can get your points across clearly. Gosh... I'm feeling so indignant for u now!
Hope you get it out of your system soon...whichever way you deem best!

OMG! I feel your anger! I know LV doesn't provide the best customer service amongst all the brands, but this!?
Did u get his name? If it's me, I would actually go back to the store, ask to see the manager directly. Tell her about his lack of product knowledge, his attitude when questioned, and his audacity to insult customers when he didn't have the knowledge whether to authenticate a bag or not. And his comments to other SA as you were leaving. All these points are enough to affect his performance appraisal.
Getting angry is one thing. Getting even is another. But make sure you say in a logical and calm manner so that you can get your points across clearly. Gosh... I'm feeling so indignant for u now!
Hope you get it out of your system soon...whichever way you deem best!

I know could "like" this but the thumbs up isn't large enough to convey just how much I agree with everything you said!