Account Deactivated? Member Suspended?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Are you trying out replacements for Sofa King Banned?
I saw "Member Suspeneded" under a [former?] member's name yesterday, but today it now says "Account Deactivated"
Are you testing out the sayings?
Personally, I liked Sofa King Banned as it seemed a little "lighter" and frankly, less embarrassing, than announcing to the entire forum (or any other stranger that visits the site!) that someone had to be "forcefully" removed from tPF.
I also couldn't help but notice that the Sofa King Banned thread has been closed.

(p.s. I did see the conversation in the R&F sub-forum where this was discussed, and personally, I'm surprised that you'd retire the status update based on that one thread and the opinions of only a very few members)

SKB had been in discussion to be replaced for something a bit more dry and less tongue-in-cheek for some time now. It was nice while it had its run for 6+ years, but its time came to be updated.

We debated several options and the deactivation is a term we feel fits best. That's why you may have noticed several iterations flashing around, all should be aligned now. The SKB thread was closed because it is no longer relevant. :idea:

That was a suggestion instead of the deactivated or suspended tags. I'm just not big on such tags or labels. They kind of draw people's eye like a freeway accident.

I've seen it several times on threads where someone will notice the status change and call everyone elses' attention to it. "ooohh lookey-lookey what happened to ________" .

That was a suggestion instead of the deactivated or suspended tags. I'm just not big on such tags or labels. They kind of draw people's eye like a freeway accident.

I've seen it several times on threads where someone will notice the status change and call everyone elses' attention to it. "ooohh lookey-lookey what happened to ________" .

Ok. I guess i just dont see how someone could be "disruptive" or otherwise on a handbag blog, i mean really, its handbags. Yes we all love them but this is not a debate blog or a serious health issue.

Ok. I guess i just dont see how someone could be "disruptive" or otherwise on a handbag blog, i mean really, its handbags. Yes we all love them but this is not a debate blog or a serious health issue.

Funny, but the bag boards can be among the most contentious. I stay away from them due to some of the fights I've seen. They're very territorial. Either you agree with everything said, no matter what, or you don't post. It you post something contrary to the popular opinion of the board, you get ripped to shreds.

The eBay board is another snake pit.

People say R&F gets feisty, but it's relatively calm compared to some of the bag boards.

I guess you would be surprised - even over bags people can argue :P

I know, its crazy! I just cant imagine being inappropriate over a bag lol. I like to share in the excitement of getting a new bag or hear opnions on bags and pics, clothes etc. but i would never argue with anyone over a bag. To each their own ;)

Funny, but the bag boards can be among the most contentious. I stay away from them due to some of the fights I've seen. They're very territorial. Either you agree with everything said, no matter what, or you don't post. It you post something contrary to the popular opinion of the board, you get ripped to shreds.

The eBay board is another snake pit.

People say R&F gets feisty, but it's relatively calm compared to some of the bag boards.

Im seeing what you mean among the bag boards! What is r &f?